cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

first real test today - FRUSTRATION

gatosdiablos
0 6 25

OK so other than the anticipated withdrawal, things have been going swimingly... no big drama in my life, pretty smooth sailing.  life is pretty ho hum right now. not much changes day in and day out.  no big tests to my smobriety yet, other than the usual cravings to be expected.

UNTIL TODAY.  day 29. end of the work day.  interaction with a co-worker that left me fuming with self-righteous anger that I dare never express.  3 hours later, at home, still fuming.  playing it over in my mind, imagining what I'd say if I had the chance. tried sitting quietly, letting it go. tried doing something physical, getting it out of my system.  my lungs are screaming "JUST SMOKE AND YOU'll FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!"  and of course I WILL NOT EVER, NOT ONE PUFF. 

But what do I do with this pent up pissiness? Smoking was so PERFECT FOR THAT.  Ya' know?  I swear I'm usually a nice person........

6 Comments
ljguptill

Put on some disco music and dance around the house! How can that not make you forget your mood?? Lol!

You are right- a cig is not going to help, it would just make you even angrier- at yourself! you can get through this. Seriously, put on your "boogie shoes".  😉

YoungAtHeart

Go yell and scream into a pillow  - or punch it until your arms hurt!

Worked for ME!@

Nancy

gatosdiablos

you guys are funny!

guess I'll likely survive, huh?

this should BE my biggest problem.....

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL, see you tomorrow for the big 3-0!

meow

Edithebl

Ah...throw ice cubes and go lift weights....the anger is in your body....you gotta get it ou.

smorgy8513

I'll teach you the "frustration release" that I teach to my kid clients.......let me know if you want it!

Glad you got through this.   When we win a battle we stand a better chance to go on and win the war!!!

Sharon

joyeuxencore