Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

familyis1 Archived Profile

familyis1
0 0 3

Description

I'm 48 years old..I have 2 wonderful daughters, 2 grandchildren, my grandson is 7 and my granddaughter is 1yr. 7 months old. and my youngest daughter is due in Oct. with her first child and it's a boy. I have a very rare lung disease called Broncholitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia, COPD, Chronic Emphysema, Asthma, and am on oxygen 24/7....I also have Aortic Regurtation which means the valve going to my heart doesn't close and throws the blood back out of my heart. And I've also been in the hospital 2 times this year with congestive heart failure.  I want to quit smoking so I will get better and be able to play with my grandchildren again. I am very limited on activities because of being on steroids so long has messed up my bones. I can't lift more than 10 pounds. I am on disability but not by my choice. I want to go to work but no one will hire me because of my health condition. I use to be able to do whatever I wanted to and then one day I got a cold  which ended up with Pneumonia within 2 days. That's  why I always tell everyone to NEVER TAKE ANYTHING IN LIFE FOR GRANTED!!!! I know I did and I can tell anyone that having to learn to walk all over again, being able to go outside and just smell the air, the beautiful trees, flowers, etc. Now I have to stay inside most of the time with my air condition set on 70 and either watch TV and look out the window. I can walk around in my apt. but it's aggravating dragging around an oxygen hose. And when I go  outside I have to wear a mask and either have someone with me or use a walker. Also if I go anywhere I have to go straight from my apt. right into an air conditioned vehicle. At this moment I do not drive because of the medications I'm on. I don't trust myself driving and don't want to hurt anyone else. Sometimes I feel like giving up but  I got alot to live for...and that's my family and friends....

Brief Description

I am a 48 years old. I have two beautiful daughters, and two wonderful grandchildren and one on the way.

Website

No website in profile.

I live in NC

Interests

fishing, playing with my grandchildren, rock hunting, I've always loved riding motorcycles, Nascar Racing, basically anything to do with out doors., four wheeling

Skills

Reading, poems, I guess my skills would be typing, Music, Love to ride backseat on a motorcycle for Charity Events.