cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

dreams of smoking

iaviksfan
0 11 30

well, this is the second time in a week where i've had dreams of smoking. Is that normal? I mean these were very clear dreams too, that i could tell you details about. I havn't had those kind of dreams in a very LONG time.

Going out in a bit to take the kids shopping that should keep my mind off smoking for a bit. Anyway, day 7 is here, throat still is sore and heart hurts. I hope it is healing now that it dont have to push the blood through constricted arteries.

Everyone have a great day.

11 Comments
DebiD

I've been quit for going on 78 days, and have only had a couple "smoking' dreams. I think it is normal. Congratulations on your 7 days! Keep it up!

YoungAtHeart

Smoking dreams are absolutely normal.  Funny thing with mine is that in the early days of my quit, I always stopped myself before I smoked in them - being aghast that I almost did, and later, when my quit was well in hand, I smoked the entire cigarette and enjoyed every minute of it in my dream.

We call them "smokemares" here.  The best part is when we wake up and realize we really ARE still quit!

Congraulations on your 7!  Keep adding them on!

Nancy

moody_9-18-13

Congratulations on surviving hell week! 🙂

I have not had any smoking dreams yet, however I do have more vivid, detailed dreams, and can remember the details of my dreams when I wake up. I don't know why, but now that I am sleeping through the night, I am sleeping more soundly than I can ever remember as well.

I have now added this to my "Benefits of Quitting" list! When they tell you it just keeps getting better, it is absolutely TRUE!

I'm a happy quitter at day 59!

JonesCarpeDiem

i had one in the 1st 2-4 weeks

Thomas3.20.2010
The best way I've found to look at smokemares is to test your determination without consequences! If you look at them as an opportunity to double your decision then you can make them work for you!
joyeuxencore

Totally normal and the great news is they ARE just dreams. xo

http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/12468

iaviksfan

yeah,i felt guilty about it and it was good to wake up knowing it wasn't true. I picked up SF hard candies to suck on while driving. Maybe that will help my throat as the gum is a little to peppery for me.

jojo_2-24-11

Your heart is thanking you with every breath you take! Keep up the good work! Congrats on day7!

lois2

congrats on 7 days, it is normal to dream about smoking, i had 3 so far.   hang in there

charo-lynn

To all of the above, 

I have just had a great laugh, SO THEY ARE CALLED SMOKE DREAMS, had two , one I didn't smoke in and it was so bizzare, we are in our home  in florida, our home up north has house sitter's in it, I dreamed I went home North and wandered all thru my house trying to get a cig. Then the other one IK smoked , a menthol, ugh, never smoked menthol's. As someone said in above , I liked it.

Haven't dreamed about smoking since, I dream every night, I sorta worried about it after quit, as they were all night long dreams.

thanks for making me feel better.you gals and guys are terrific on  here.                                  with God's love charo44@aol.com or sharon wilder on face book.

perlanegra

its normal i use to have those crazy dreams all the time during my first few weeks ...you will fine just hang on real tight to your quit !! Go to sleep saying to your self, going to bed as a non-smoker will wake up as a non smoker !! 

stay smoke free today tomorrow will be easier 

Day 167