cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

do you need a laugh??

cookie804
0 14 1

Maybe you will not find my day funny so far but as I looked back on it I started to laugh. First of all between yard work and spending a lot of time with my new found family, I never realized that I have not left the yard since I came home from church last Sunday except to go to the therapist Monday and then straight home. That is really really unusual for me but I got lost I guess.

Here is the funny part. I decided ok this is crazy so I went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I felt very happy with myself for some reason and I was humming which I never have done in public. As I passed this one lady, she stopped and turned around and looked at me like I was crazy. I continued to hum and smiled at her and went on my way.

This will sound strange but i am 35 DOF and haven't rewarded myself at all. I am on a fixed income and don't have money to spend recklessly.  I spotted a back brush to use in the tub and it caught my eye. Never had one and thought hey I am worth $3.94 so I got it and can't wait to use it. I know that sounds funny to some but I don't spend money on myself unless I have to.

Now even funnier, my Walmart bill came to $120.00 and while checking out a few people and myself were chatting and laughing. I sure was in an awesome mood. I paid my bill, picked up my pocket book and started to leave. I heard a bunch of laughter because guess what- I left my basket full of items at the cash register and was leaving the store. We all have a big laugh about it and i thought I can make a difference in how people treat me.  Being happy can be contagious and I will surely give it my best.

My family here is having a huge impact of how I handled today. I do need to get out with people more as I do not want to be a hermit.  At least, I have no problem being alone, that is except for my best friend cookie.

Will go for now but I just thought maybe someone needed a laugh.

God bless

Carolyn

14 Comments