cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

describe a craving

Cbefree
4 6 81

43 days done......I wanted to write about what a craving feels like. Couple days ago I had a powerful craving, it was after I finished a project, which has been a strong trigger for me all along, you get it, our reward! 

When it started I felt like I had already failed, that there was no choice and I would go out & buy cigs. It was just too strong, it felt like the first days when these were relentless. I'm not expressing this very well, it's this "no choice" thing this feeling of failure before I even failed that is sticking with me. I took some deep breaths leashed up my dog & walked, really fast. Yes, it passed but it's not the distraction that helped it's just the fact that I ride out the cravings and get on with it. If I were to look at this as a bell curve, there is no creeping up the hill I'm already at the top when it starts. The mind, the resolve, the count all the blue things in the room are gone because I've just lost my mind 🙂 

Be well you all what a journey

6 Comments
About the Author
Recently retired at 69 which means I've smoked for over 50 years! Serial quitter like many of you, this time it's different. I've never had an opportunity to stay this present in a quit. In reading old posts of mine, I welcomed feeling everything & do I ever! All feelings are heightened good/bad/indifferent. I've lived in the Sierra foothills since 2003, very happy to be retiring here and be addiction-free.