0 6 17

back on day two.

so sunday was the concert slipped

monday kept smoking

tue didnt smoke

wed fourth smoked

thur- didnt  smoke

today not smoking..

after my slip sunday i lost my positive attitude and kept saying i cant do it and i didnt..now i need to get back and have a positive attitude i will do it i can do it..today i am not going to smoke

6 Comments
craftylady

Don't let you mind play games with you, I know easier said than done!!  YOU CAN DO THIS!! I did and believe me I'm no one special.  No special reserve of will power, no super human strength - and I did it because I chose to.  Yes, that little demon in my head played games with me!  The "one won't hurt" and the constant negative thoughts about myself and ALL my past failures!!  You know what I CHOSE NOT TO BELIEVE IT ANY MORE!!  You can too!!  That voice is WRONG!!  DEAD WRONG!!!  Keep Going!!

froguelady

The only one that can hold your quit is you.  I am glad you are in a positive attitude and you can do this one day at a time.  The best thing to do is avoid places where you will be tempted.  No it is not easy to do that but it can be done.  You might have to give up a few things you would like to do but the end results will be well worth it. Blog before you smoke or call your life line, if you do not have one PLEASE get one that can save your quit.

My name is Betty and after being a DEVOTED smoker for 54 years I have been smoke free 478 days.

YOU CAN DO IT.

Patty70

I'm thinking you are at a point with those slips that you need to make a commitment to your decision to quit.  A commitment to acheive a result no matter how uncomfortable it may be in the beginning.  In fact the deeper your commitment the less discomfort you will experience. 

I highly recommend reading the short online course at quitsmokingonline.com.  It will change your perspective about nicotine addiction and give you the tools to make that commitment to yourself.

You have a wonderful positive attitude. Keep going and never look back.

bean5

Slips can be very detrimental if you let them be.  My twin sister had been "trying" to quit smoking all year with me.  She kept "slipping" and even stated to me that she had it "under control" and was okay with smoking a sickarette here and there (one a month or so).  I told her that she was climbing a slippery slope by doing that.  She laughed at me.  Six months into her "quit" she was back up to a pack a day habit. Thankfully, she is bag on board and will soon be entering her second month (AGAIN) without smoking.  

I learned from past quits that cheating by smoking was really only doing damage to my mindset and beating me down.  It was affirming that "I couldn't quit".  Well that is total bullsh*t.  Finally, I got fed up of failing and beating myself down--so I just quit.  

I was intending to finish my pack of Marlboros that morning and making it the "last pack"--I had had so many of those "last packs, last cigarettes" and yet continued to smoke.  However, this morning in particular was different.  

I had been awake for about 30 minutes and was already smoking my second cigarette of the day and had one left in my pack.  It was to be the LAST one before my quit.  I looked at that last one sitting in the pack and decided to NOT smoke it.  I was so disgusted with myself for already having smoked two, that I couldn't even smoke that last one.

I grabbed that last cigarette and put it in a ziploc bag in the freezer one year ago today.  I wanted it as a reminder that I CHOSE to NOT smoke it because I hated myself so much for smoking.  Would you believe me if I told you that the cigarette still sits in my freezer in its little ziploc bag--suffocating in its plastic coffin as cigarettes once suffocated every aspect of my life.  

YOU CAN DO THIS.  Don't let a little 3 inch chemical-filled tube beat you.

Sabine

AutumnWoman

Don't fall for the lie, the romance, of "just one" -- We nicotine addicts don't know how to have just one.  If you smoke "Just one more", you'll be smoking forever.  You've got two smokefree days under your belt.  Keep moving forward with your quit.  Leave those tobacco monsters in the dust and never look back.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

charliej

Only one way...........NOPE