cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day one: why the **BLEEP** did I quit?

webstere2011
0 9 128

Hi! my name is Liz. I am 18 and just stopped smoking yesterday. I am pretty pissed at myself right now. I started smoking two and a half years ago and I will be the first to say I love a good cig. I love smoking on my drive to school and right after on the porch of my friend's house. I love a good late night cig before bed. I just **BLEEP** love them. I smoke all the time once school is out. I have no idea why but yesterday I woke up and said no more, my pack was empty so I quit. And that is what I did.  I am going to give it my best. Wish me luck hahah 

-Liz 

9 Comments
Breakinchains

You love your smokes because you are young, and they haven't made you sick yet. That being said, you don't need a reason to quit. There are many people who quit spur of the moment like you did, and they do it successfully. It's a decision. There is no luck involved. Either you smoke or you don't, it's just that simple. Not always easy, but simple.

lisagee

I don't think you're pissed at yourself for quitting.  I think you know you need to quit and it sucks to quit and that makes you angry.  I know what you mean about loving it, really, deeply, loving it.  I spent a long time getting ready for this quit and a lot of that time I was completely pissed off that I had to quit.  You've smoked for 2 1/2 years; I've smoked for 25.  If you wait, you'll just have that much more anger to deal with when you do finally have to quit.  And believe me, you will HAVE to quit eventually - because your lungs will hurt and you'll be short of breath and your voice will get lower and kind of gravelly and you'll get wrinkles around your mouth and it will just generally be kind of gross and ugly to smoke.  So do it now, before all that nasty shit sets in.

JonesCarpeDiem

your skin will go scarlet

your left hand won't let go of your right one

and the banana in your ear  OMG!!!

you should be glad you effin stopped!

anacondahead

"Wish me luck."

Congrats on your excellent decision to quit. You are so tyoung and I wish I had made that decision at 18 but, no, I stupidly smoked for 30 years.  Don't count on luck - make a decision and stick with it. You are VERY wise to quit at 18. Please stay with us - it's so important!    😃

fran14

I have made numerous attempts at quitting.. from when I was 20 on.  At least 8 or 9 tries and failures.   Now I am almost 65.. and so very very sorry that I didn't succeed when I was 20!

Don't give up, you can do it, you've been smoking for such a short time!!     I'm on my 18th day of quitting and it's kinda like bein in hell...   Giving it my best, I so don't want this to by my 10th failure..

hopehunter

Good luck! It is not easy.   Im 32 and have smoked since 16.  Oh I wish I had quit a VERY LONG time ago. I have made it a month now.  You should keep in mind that the sooner you quit the easier it will be. You are still so young and have not smoked very long.  

Again  good luck...

hopehunter

Good luck! It is not easy.   Im 32 and have smoked since 16.  Oh I wish I had quit a VERY LONG time ago. I have made it a month now.  You should keep in mind that the sooner you quit the easier it will be. You are still so young and have not smoked very long.  

Again  good luck...

keeptrying2

Quit now to ensure a bright future for yourself.  I hate it when I see young people smoking because I feela s if they have no idea what is ahead for them.  Stop now if you can, it will not get easier to stop when youa re older.

james41

No room for printed profanity here. Please.