cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day five

kerrid
0 7 90

day five going strong had a pretty rough day today was fighting with the insurance companies over the phone and was really craving a cigrette. have a long day at work tomorrow and for some reason im dreading it because i know i cant smoke and im dreading it cuz i feel like i will not be able to get through the day without my cigarettes?? isnt that pathetic?? i need to say that work will be wonderful especially since i dont have to go outside in the freezing cold to smoke one ..idk wish me luck 

7 Comments
I_am_free

Congratulations on day 5.  Protect the quit tomorrow at work.  Be strong.  No negative thoughts allowed.  You will get through the work day without.  Right now think of going hour to hour.  Tomorrow will still be there.  And. . . .yes, you won't be outside freezing your fingers off.  Yeah!

trish75

Please do not even think about giving up five days! It is just the nicodemon in your brain telling you that you can't get through work without a cigarette!  Keep reminding yourself of the toll cigarettes take on your health and your wallet! Remember, too, every time you start over, it just gets harder; five days of no smoking is huge! As Stonecipher told me,"You are worth much more than a cigarette."

poppy1964

5 days!!! That's awesome, I can't wait to get there!!!! Be strong, think about how far you have come, how awesome you are for beating the cigarette!!!  And how warm and cozy you will be:)

kerrid

Thank you everyone for the support i really appreciate it ! Hope you all have   a wonderful smoke free night ❤️

joyeuxencore

Kerrid...don't need to wish you luck because luck has NOTHING to do with it...you have made a decision and a commitment to save your own life and now you honor that decision no matter what...no matter how you feel, no matter what happens...there is no debate...personally I think if you stayed on the phone all day with insurance companies and didn't smoke you can do anything!!!!! YOU'VE GOT THIS...stop doubting yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

Breakinchains
It's not luck, it's a choice.
Todd24

Think of it this way,  you've already made it through five days without them.  Another day isn't hard.  When the urge to smoke arises, tell your self, you will readdress the question in an hour, and then again in another hour and so on and so on.