cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 88-don't call it a setback!

cory-3-10-13
0 13 76

Hi EX-family! I hope everyone is having a great smoke free day and holding strong with your commitment to yourself not to smoke! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to finally have CONTROL of your life and your addiction? As long as you do not smoke, you are in control! I'm giving myself that gift today and I hope everyone here will embrace this concept!

I am in a lot of pain today as I slipped and sprained my ankle while I was out walking my dog last night. I iced the heck out of it, but it looks like I'm going to have to try to stay off it, at least for today. Maybe this is the universe's way to tell me to take it a little easier. I had been suffering from what I thought were allergies the past few days, but now I am thinking it is more of a cold as I have a lot of chest congestion and coughing, in essence my lungs feel like they used to when I was a smoker! UGH! I did NOT miss that feeling and it is extremely uncomfortable, thank goodness I'm not smoking through this sickness like I always used to!

Life happens, good and bad. Smoking won't make it any better.  Attitude is everything!

Today I choose to smile through the pain and make the most of the fact that I get to sit down for a better part of the day for once! I'm certainly not going to smoke over it! Between the choice of a smile or a frown, I will choose a smile every single time!  Nobody ever had a rainbow, baby, until they had the rain! 

13 Comments
mary242

good for you!! I hope your anke is better super fast and thanks for the possitive and uplifting blog! You made my day, so happy for you!!!! You go girl!!!   Mary

Thomas3.20.2010
Great Quititude! Try arnica on your ankle for quicker healing. Get better soon and Thanks for the inspirational Blog!
wishingstar

nanawendy

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I know what you are going through, I have been dealing with a broken ankle since March. You are so right, Life happens, good or bad and smoking won;t make it any better !! Feel better soon

SarahP

sorry about your ankle, but love your attitude! 

hotmomma0210

You've got the right attitude!  Watch that congestion... a few weeks ago, I thought it was just allergies and then a cold, but after I woke up and couldn't breathe hardly at all, I took myself to the ER.  I had bronchitis.  It was horrible!  I'm still suffering the after effects.  

YoungAtHeart

Sprains are the PITS!  Have you gotten an x-ray to be SURE you didn't break something?  If it remains swollen, I would get it checked out.  Same for the chest congestion! 

Wow - you have a wonderful mindset for someone dealing with so much crap.  Good on YOU!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

xx4950xx

Sorry about your sprain!  So proud of you for choosing to give your wound the healing-life-giving oxygen it requires to heal well.  XXOO  Hang in there!

Strudel

Wow - great positive attitude! That's the way to do this! Congrats on 88 days! Feel better soon! 

joyeuxencore

Well you get the inspiration award of the day from me lady! Thanks! SO sorry you are in pain and having a cold too!!! xo

JonesCarpeDiem

YA

jensteff

🙂 

Stac2

Perfect attitude.  Wish you speedy healing.  I remember very timidly writing you in humility to get a little rest (cuz I have had to learn the hard way to do that for myself too and still struggle w/ that!).  Now hopefully rest will come.  Rest is always good for the body. I wish you a beautiful weekend of healing that cold, and that ankle.   

What a quittatude you have that is so motivating.  Thank you for that!!!!!!  Thank you for sharing!!!!!!

Hugs, Stac