cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 8: Now what?

kenny3000
0 4 8

I woke up this morning and thought "A week down, Yes!"  Then it hit me that the rest of my life is going to be longer than this next week.  I am not safe, not out of the woods, etc.  But what I do have is awareness, some determination, and a set of tools to maintain this way of life.  A dear friend texted and said, "Congratulations, you're a ex-smoker!"  I have no known experience with that definition, thus it's a little hard to process.  I fully realized that in this quit smoking deal, there is no quick fix, no magic pill to take.  All I have is years of smoking and failed attempts at quitting to bring me to where I am now.  And the only relevant question is "Do I want to go forward or backward?"

Today I could not stop thinking eating a piece of cake, I mean eating half a cake. One of those black forest cakes  I went to 7-11 and bought some M&M's.  I haven't been there since I quit and it seemed weird being at the counter with lingering thoughts of "Should I or shouldn't I?"  It's weird going to 7-11 and throwing down a $5 and getting change back.  Technically a small bag of M&M's has 2 servings (for whom, mice)  So I ate the candy and felt kinda sick.  I really haven't eaten any junk this last week.

So I guess the point of this is that there's no quick fix for this.  We have to live it. 

PS: How do we get rid of the North Face, Louis Vuitton, Coach Bag advertisements?  I hope the people who are posting these realize that Karma is a Bitch. 

4 Comments