cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 74 - another day in NML

Cindy210
0 5 27

I have definitely traded smoking for eating.  There have been many occassions where I thought " a cig and I'm ready to go".  Instead, I eat something.  Today I drove home in snow, knowing the roads were not great and I was nervous.  I had to get milk and I had not had lunch, so I bought a bag of potato chips.  I ate most of them on the way home.  I've NEVER done that before!  Oh my goodness!  I am going to have to get a grip or I'm going to be huge.  I see someone posted a link to a video about gaining weight when you stop smoking-I'm going to have to listen to it.  Then I'm going to have to explore many other ways of controlling my emotional state without food.  

I've been meaning to share with you all.....I stopped using Splenda in my coffee and my indigestion has really subsided.  I'm not sure whether it is the time away from nicotine or if the Splenda was causing it all along.  Either way, it is nice not to be chewing tums all the time.  I'm still fighting muscle cramps, particular in my right leg.  Heat and pressure makes it feel better.  I discovered this when an 80 pound dog that annoys the heck out of me laid on my leg and it felt better.  I guess he has some good use!

Hubby is pushing snow.  He is liable to come in around midnight and want to take me to work by 6, so its off to bed.  Take care and keep your quit!

5 Comments
djmurray

Hi, Cindy -- I'm having the same issues -- I think I've put on 8 pounds already in 47 days, and I don't want this to continue.  I'm planning on choosing a diet plan and starting on March 1.   Let's try to support each other in this area as well, okay? 

bonnie-12-28-14

HI Cindy day 74 Congrats!!!!!!!!!!  I'm on day 50 and yes I need to get control of the eating as well.  Whatever you do though protect your quit and for those of us strong enough to make it this far we can take on this weight thing.

N.O.P.E.

hampton

Hey Cindy: We are doing this!!! 74 awesome days of nicotine freedom for the both of us. I'm proud of us!!!   I just suggested to John that I lost weight doing the diabetic diet recipe's. My ex was a diabetic so I changed my ways of cooking for him. I learned that the food was just as good if not better and no sugar. I also stopped using sugar in my coffee. I drink loads of coffee. Try the free recipe's on-line. They are yummy. Let's keep rolling ahead. Good job!!! Peace,Deborah.

psychick

Hi Cindy,

You know what may help those leg cramps? Magnesium...also manganese. Epsom salts (not sea salts) in the bath or a foot soak.

Funny how our bodies cry out for self care when we stop polluting them, hey?

So what if you are eating right now? You aren't smoking and you are NOT in denial that you are filling the nicotine void with food. It's tough to change patterns.

I notice that when I DON"T take the time to prepare lunches and plan my food that it's very easy to eat crap. Love yourself. You are awesome. Yay YOU!!!