cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 5 stresser

Iwannalife
0 8 9

I just left the doctor office and he scheduled 3 surgical procedures this month- one on the 4th, one on the 7th, and one on the 21st. So now I am getting ready to make an hour drive home with this on my mind. I am going to stop at Sonic for lunch then straight home, to go hide in the closet, lol. Normally this news would have sent me into chain smoking but I DO NOT DO THAT anymore. I am just going to say NOPE.  I DO NOT NEED A CIG TO GET ME THROUGH THIS. I QUIT. 

8 Comments
LouiseR

You have got a great atttiude. NOPE. Keep stacking those days.  It gets better and better.  5 more days and you will be in the double digits!!!

YoungAtHeart

And, keep in mind that you will get through the procedures and heal better without those nasty smoking chemicals in your body.  And, the waiting (and you know there will be waiting involved on those days!) will be ever so much easier without that addiction needing to be fed.

It's all good!

Nancy

selmccal

Hey there! I had to reset the other day (as you know) and trust me, it's soooo not worth it! Stay trucking and remember this feeling WILL PASS. IT WILL! Consider it lucky you are getting this test right now while you are still so motivated to quit. Anything after this will be much easier if you think about it. Just remember, you have handled car rides and bad news before without cigs and you can do it again. A cigarette never made a drive go faster nor did it help you out of a bad situation, in fact it added to it. 

You've got this! I'm super stoked you kept going and are almost at a week. That's stellar! 

Jennifer-Quit

Smoking never made anything better - just the opposite - hope it's nothing too serious but I'll be sending good wishes and prayers your way.  Have a corn dog and onion rings for me!

Terri103

Youngatheart already said everything I was gonna say!!  

YOU have the RIGHT attitude, and just keep saying NOPE!!

bonniebee

Great to go through all of those procedures as a non-smoker! Yay for your quit !

Strudel

I'm so sorry about all of the surgeries you are facing.... But, as Nancy said, you will do so much better as an EX! Congrats to you! Keep on blogging - and take care! 

annb
You will be so much "safer" undergoing surgery having quit! And heal so much faster. In the big picture, "less stress"! Good for you! :)))
About the Author
I quit smoking for a several reasons. The first was for ME their were 3 that I call great grands and 8 that I call grands.