cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 4

newlife5
0 7 12

came home from work.. break was alot easier today.. i didnt obsess so much on what i couldnt have... took a walk over to my old smoking place and noticed how it reeked with tobacco smoke .. funny i never smelled it before....i mean it is a trash can with an ashtray on top .. it had been emptied and noone was smoking... still it smelled like and ashtray... yuck!!,...proud that i am still sticking it out... still smoke free...

and it was easier today... not a picnic but no clenched teeth either

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

One day at a time!  They add up to weeks, and pretty soon you will be over the most difficult 2-3 of those, and then you will get to a month, then through No Mans Land and to 130 and you can consider yourself an ex-smoker.  Considering the number of years we smoked, that really isn't THAT long, is it?

But - it begins with one day at a time.  You ARE doing this.  Stay strong and stay committed

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

Rxbecca1981

Congrats on day 4!!! We are so proud of you! Isn't it amazing the smells you smell now that you are an ex-smoker? I found it very overwhelming at times. The flowers, the freshly cut grass, the food you eat, and also the bad things like cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes, and farts LOL.  Maybe TMI there but you get my point. The sense of smell is wonderful to have back. 

On to day 5 with you 🙂

stay distracted and come blog often. 

-Becky

joyeuxencore

Congrats on day 4 new life! You are making it through the most difficult time! xo

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations! You are doing this! No clenched teeth is good! 😉

wishingstar

Michwoman

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! You have the right mindset - one day at a time and you will make it forever! Stay strong!

Strudel

Ahh day 4 - so much better than 3 days! Congrats to you!! Keep moving forward - one day at a time!