cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 31 update

prjimm01
0 10 23

today was hard.  i got through because i educated myself.  i got through because YOU all are there.  I so hope I can be of help to someone.

I am going through the curse of the patches.  I quit smoking but I still ingest nicotine.  I reduced my dose three days ago but did not feel it until today.  I celebrate the adjustment to a lower dose.  It means that I am closer to being nicotine free which is the goal.

I am at day 31 of my journey.  I will be in the 6%.  NOPE.

there is no pain. just an empty feeling that I am going to fix with the pork ribs I just BBQ!!!!!

God bless Allen Carr and God bless all of you and God bless me too.   And my girl friend Heidy.

10 Comments
bonnie-12-28-14

Jimmie congrats!!!!!!!!!  And you are doing great it does not matter how you quit just that you keep those nasty things away from your face.  Celebrate and the biggest difference for me is this site.  Being able to reach out when needed is priceless.

Stay strong and be happy.

N.O.P.E.

Storm.3.1.14

Yes, celebrate the adjustment down to a lower dose! That is most definitely another step in the healing process: scaling back the NRT, leading up to the day when you say "thank you, patches!" and then walk away from nicotine for good. These are YOUR phases of quitting, and they're WORKING for you. I mean, come on...31 Days! And BBQ! My goodness, keep rockin'!

Laura-12-14-14

Congrats on doing what you are doing and making it this far! It takes willpower as you know but it gradually gets easier. I'm in NML like yourself and we can do this....we have the power!

As I told to me on this website: In order to get out we have to go thru!

Stay strong!

JACKIE1-25-15

Kick Butt!!!! Excellent.  I know you feel great.

dlv

Congrads!!!! Awesome!!!

elvan

Good job, Jimmie.  There will always be ups and downs and good days and bad ones.  You are on the right track getting off the nicotine!

djmurray

You are becoming a star, Jimmie -- those craves will come, that empty feeling with come, but with your education and the support here you can move through those and be a winner!  We are all here for you and you are, I'm sure, helping those coming up behind you. 

candylance

I agree with Donna!! By the help that YOU ask for, YOU help more people than YOU know. It's been really nice getting too know YOU, Jimmie!! Keep stackin' those days. Congratulations!! Now YOU know how to ask for HELP as well as GIVE IT!!

Brenda_M

I liked the patches when I used them. I didn't think they were a curse, but a really cool tool. Congratulations on a month!!!

bonniebee

Patches are working good for me too but I do know what you mean Jimmy. It will be great to be totally back to our normal, natural bodies, the way we were created, the way we were as children ....not addicted to any substance just free ! I have a bit of fear about leavinfg the patch to soon Let me know how it goes for you .