cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 2, 2/22/12

olykerry
0 4 38

Packed a big salad and lots of snacks to take to work today. Put a patch on in the morning. Used inhaler twice, gum twice, lozenge 2 or 3 times? I might be getting more nicotine from these than I was from cigarettes, but it's helping me not freak out. "My" cigarettes had 1.3mg/nicotine per cigarette and I smoked an average of 12 a day. Work was a little stressful. I talked to my nonsmoking customers about quitting and they were encouraging. Met with Vicki. Bought a rain lamp! Went to the gym. Did an HOUR of cardio! plus core work. Realized I had a caffiene withdrawal headache while doing situps and went to coffee, bumped into an acquaintance and had a pleasant conversation about vegan pets and sinus infections and mold in Olympia. Bought cat food and cleaning supplies. Made miso soup for dinner. Sinuses still very congested and very dry. Drinking coffee at 8pm was probably not the wisest choice but took care of the headache and gave me some needed social interaction!

I feel positive, excited, and scared about quitting tonight, found this website and several others. Reviewed list of ex-smoking friends I can talk to for support (Jen, Malcolm, local Facebook friends). I can't remember the last time I went 48 hours without a cigarette! I think it was 14 years ago. I am excited to increase my lung capacity, to get free of this addiction, to not have to take smoke breaks all the time. My thinking is a little confused but it's ok. Mental obsession w/cigarettes is still very strong and driving is very triggering; will have to get my bike fixed soon!

4 Comments