cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 18 smoke free

vitalicious
0 4 19

well i guess i am feeling alittle better, went back to the docs and he put me on steroids now for the next 5 days, i am still having problems breathing. I guess its respiratoy issues i am having now. I am approaching 4 weeks being sick . I cannot wait to get 100% better so i can enjoy my smoke-free life., and see what it really feels like being smoke free without being sick. will the cravings still be gone? Will i be able to cope? i have been thinking about smoking lately...more like, i cannot belive i smoked for so long, all day every day, just wasting my life away, killing time, doing nothing. what a shame. what was i getting from it? did it even benefit me? NO..  Its so funny, when your a smoker , its your life, its who you are, and when your an ex-smoker, its like wow.. that was me? what the heck was i thinking? how weak was i ? who was i? wierd.. life is really diferent as a non-smoker. I hope i will feel the same way about smoking as i do now when i am no longer sick. thank you all for your support thus far. i suspect i will be on here alot more when i get better.. thats when i am really going to feel it i guess, it hasnt bothered me because of my sickness, its been easy breezy, yeahhh i quit smoking cold turkey!, but hey who knows how this will really effect me.??  .. chat soon.

4 Comments
Eric_L.

Hope u feel better

Giulia

It's real easy to quit when we are sick.  When we don't feel good, we don't want a cigarette because it doesn't taste good.  The problem is - we get better.  And then the cigarette tastes better again.  And we forgot all about how bad it tasted when we were sick.  How many times have I seen someone come on this site and quit immediately because they were sick - only to start right back up again when they felt better.  Don't make that mistake.  Feeling poorly or feeling great - the reason to quit is the same.  Because we know it's bad for us.  Stick to your resolve.  No matter what.  Else you will be back to another Day One.  And i can assure you - it will be a whole lot worse than any craving you're feeling at the moment.  Never Another Day One.  NADO.

bonniebee

Well on the positive side, by the time you are feeling better you will have gotten through the hardest days so even if you get craves they probaly will be easier for you  handle .

Hope you feel better soon ! Congrats on your 18 days of freedom ! ( DOF ! )

bethso

Feel better soon!!  Glad you have quit and hope that you stay the course once you are fully recovered.