cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

day 157

newlife5
0 9 12

today was kind of rough  dont know why but i had fantasies today of buying a pack of cigarettes.... i didnt of course ...but it bothers me that the thought crossed my mind....

i have been having chest pains lately and muscle spasms in my back  so maybe it has something to do with my bronchitis...something like COPD... i have a doctor appt on wednesday so ill find out then,,..

im really nervous though i havent been to a doctor in about 10 years...so i guess its time..wish me luck

9 Comments
sadiewilliams

You are doing soooo good on day 157!  It is so amazing how this addiction will still haunt us after months of freedom.  Go to the doctor and have faith that all will be good.  It is good that you are going, take control of your health.   good luck!

linda258

I think the thoughts will continue to float in and out of minds.  I'm at day 133 and surprised what passes through my mind.... as long as we just let the thought go I think we will do well.  We both know that smoking is not an option.

moody_9-18-13

Izzy, I'm glad you're going to the doc. Stay positive. You've already done the best thing you could ever do for yourself by quitting smoking. I think you're headed in the right direction toward a heallthier life!

wishingstar

hey laddie. just wanted you to know you will be in my prayers. Its normal to be scared, but you did the right thing you quit... tThey say the are frist . like the first sping in such. You learning to tackle things as non smoker. The addict will ocanshionaly will think of a cigerat. I have talked to people that have quit for several years. once in blue moon  they said they wanted one, but did not act opon it....

For example I have restricted diet. no acid and low salt. So totmatoes  are a big no. I love manacoti , spegattie and lassuang and pizza. I love totmatoes on my sald. So I had to give them up.  when I cook this stuff for my family. I make something diffrent or use alfredo in place of  it, for my self. So yes I crave them still. But I know I will be in some pain, or in the bathoom alot .If I  indulge food with acid. I know it not woth in the end.

I am proud of you for dismising the  romance of a cigerat. you doing so great. Don't beat your self up over it. 

I

candylance

So glad you're going to a doctor. Bronchitis is a part of COPD. Hope you get a great report!! Congratulations on 157 days. You're doing great!!

Candy     d201

SRMezler

You are doing great!!!!!! Glad you are going to the doctor's. We always fear the unknown. I think we will always, at one time or another, feel like we should lite up. But we won't because now we see how great it is to be done with it(smoking). Good luck. Love Nonna

YoungAtHeart

After No Mans Land, you still have two years of seasons changing, holidays and dramas to get through.  These are not craves, but more like smoking memories and are easy to dismiss.  You will be able to just acknowledge them and move on.

It is natural to fear going to the doctor.  As ex-smokers, we all feel as though we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The good news is that you will be able to tell them you quit smoking!!!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts!

Nancy

cheyenne7

I guess after buying them for many years, it's not too surprising that the thought might pop up here or there.....the thing is you didn't buy them, because you are free....you don't smoke....

Sending positive thoughts your way ❤️

Giulia

Well you just need to go to the doctor more often so you aren't so traumatized by it!  lol.  Knowing what's wrong is better than lying in worried speculation.  May it go well tomorrow. 

Fantasies of smoking are par for the course, Izzy.  But you didn't act on them.  It takes TIME to retrain our brains.  We smoked for many, many years and it's natural that our minds will slip back there during times of stress.  You're worried about your health - it's a tiime of stress.  Just keep changing the lens on the mind camera and pointing in another direction when that photoshopped, lying picture comes up.   WE ARE FREE!