cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

cruising smoke free

robo3
0 10 28

I am constantly referring to EX as one of the single most supportive aspects of my quit. When thoughts arise, I want to share my quit journey if it encourages just one other person to not smoke.  However, I have no interest or ability to become a blog poster child. I am amazed by how helpful staying close to Ex is in whatever time and way I stop to read, listen and/or contribute.  It cements the commitment to stay quit and I am grateful and want to give back as best I am able.   Thank you

10 Comments
djmurray

It is amazing how being involved in this site -- however we do it, supports our quits in ways we've never expreienced before!!  I used to blog every day, and now not so much, but no day goes by that I don't log on -- and I'm at day 234 of my quit!

So glad it's working for you, too.

robo3

Wow for you dj and all of us one day at a time!

TerrieQuit

I love this site. It helps me alot!

Terrie  48  DOF

YoungAtHeart

It appears from looking at your page that you are nearly 150 days quit!  Congratulations!  Seems that  what you are doing is obviously working for you!  Keep it up!

Nancy

Summer-Rain

Great blog.  I feel the same way.

The journey continues

Giulia

I am convinced that my 9+ year quit is due to ongoing attention paid to support.  It's a beautiful two-way street.  Definitely "cements the commitment."  And you just did give back so thank YOU!

JonesCarpeDiem

Wunderbar!

MarilynH

Thank you Robo,you are doing super fantastic and I agree that this site and all of the wonderful people here have definitely helped me in my quit as well to be where I am today, thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with all of us. 

Marilyn 

Laura-12-14-14

I'm not a blog poster child either.... however 251 days quit and I still frequent this site.

This site has lots of great people (elders) who have quit and extend a hand for the next quitter. I'm truly in awe how they keep going and don't burn out even though not all make it to the 6% group.

Then there are others who recently have quit (the cheerleaders) who are there to help reinforce the quitting.

Myself, I mainly take the positive inspiration and let it soak in.... like you it helps cement the quit.

The support at this site is truly a great foundation!!!

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! Yes, this site is wonderful! Stay close - blog when you can and congrats again!