cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

craves can be deadly or you just ride them out

melsue
0 9 12

I am craving bad ... it's like this morning I had my plan all set and in a instant it's changed all because of nicotine beating me down . I am taking deep breaths and trying to think of all the right reasons to quit and my goal . I know it will pass , and I'm wanting this to be over with and free 

9 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

A crave will not kill you - smoking kills lol.  When a strong crave would hit me, I would get up and do something else.  Anything - drink ice water, take a walk, listen to music, take a shower, watch TV, read - just anything to break the cycle and before you know it the crave is gone and you will feel stronger in your quit.  Best wishes to you in your journey.

Giulia

Hang in, hang on, FIGHT FOR IT!  Freedom is worth it!  This is just the rite of passage to that freedom.  It will make you stronger!  You can do this!

Junior7

Glad you blogged!  Don't make the crave bigger than it needs to be by focusing on it.  Distract.  You can do this!

melsue

I am doing ok , 😉 I rode it out by breathing cold air and then taking a hot bath . Hour by hour , day by day I will do this !

annb
Good job. Way to go. That's the way!!! :-)))
MarilynH

Good job, you can and will succeed in your quit stay strong. 

Marilyn

JonesCarpeDiem

Onward and Upward!

kshields59

Good Job. Have you tried hard sugarfree candy? Lemon, and cinnamon has worked for me. Chewing gum also heled my craves, I used Wriggleys Doublemint Gum and it has helped. The craves will pass in no time. Keep the Faith, and the good work/

Kelly

Thomas3.20.2010

Fantastic! Keep a list of what works!