cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

crabby and looking for excuses

patricia5
0 4 16

yes, today I am crabby and find myself looking for excuses to light up. Happy to say I have NOT smoked but boy was i working hard trying to convince myself to.  I woke up very proud at yestedays accomplishment of being able to hike with my family and not huff and puff. Plus I also figured that I have saved over 75 dollars in the past 15 days not buying cigarettes. Then all hell broke loose. I made the big mistake of getting on the scales only to find out that I have gained 4 pounds  over the last 15 days. First reason I wanted to smoke,  not to gain weight , but i didn't . Then I went shopping and thought I had lost my cell phone. I retraced my steps and drove over an hour to all the places I had been only to walk away empty handed.  Than my daughter became ill in the car. Oh boy did I want a cigarette. Like the cigarette was going to make my daughter feel better or my cell phone magically appear. I drove home worried about my child, angry about my cell phone and pissy because I wanted a cigarette. When I got home I went straight to my comptuer to order a replacement phone when one of my adopta sons called my cell from the house phone and heard an ever faint ring coming from my bedroom. He laughed at me handed me my phone and shook his head while walking away. I hung my head in shame because i can't believe how I was acting and it's all over a stupid cigarette.  I can smile about it now because I made it without lighting up but dang I am so glad this day is over 

4 Comments
barryfiddler

Congrats for not lighting up. As someone who had quit for 5 years and like an idiot started back I know well the way the smokers mind works. Part of the battle is that little cig voice that seems to want to convince you to smoke. Stay focused !!

froguelady

You did great protecting your quit.  All the other is about normal in the beginning of your quit.  I was mad at everything most of the time, I also gained weight and have now lost more than I gained.  Just hold on to your quit and it will level out before long.  Ignore the nicodemon's whispers, he lies to win you back.

JonesCarpeDiem

amazing the way we see things after we quit.

the things we didn't notice about our smoking habit when we still smoked

patricia5

Thanks all,  I was so thankful for bed last night . I kicked my feet and pouted but I did not cave. Today is a new day. It's amazing how strong this addiction is  be it 15 days or 5 years it's always there wanting you back.. GRRRRR