Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

christine_s Archived Profile

christine_s
0 0 3

Description

I live in California about 25 minutes from San Francisco, I can see the bay and the bridges on my way to work in the morning, what a great view. I work in education and I just love it, I love helping students.

About smoking: I remember hating smoking when I first tried it, I remember a friend and older girl telling me to keep trying it. Really it was horrible but I got used to it, then I was addicted, I was 15 years old. Cigarettes were 50 cents a pack, I could not buy them because of my age but my highschool allowed anyone to smoke, we had a smoking section and you could be 15 years old and smoke with the teachers, and the courtyard patrol.

It is now over 30 years later and I want to be free from this pattern of life where I always have to have a cigarette before I do this or that, also my breathing is not that great.

I quit smoking 6 days ago and my plan is to stay smoke free. Sometimes I get the feeling that you get when you run out of cigarettes. So I look at it this way, I can keep smoking and continually have the feeling of running out of cigarettes, or I can suck it up and have the feeling of running out of cigarettes for 2-3 weeks and hopefully it goes away. To never have the feeling of running out of cigarettes again is my goal....Tobacco is a cruel drug and I feel like it has ruined a large part of my life.

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

california

Interests

gardening, reading, working in education

Skills

No skills in profile.