Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

christibro2 Archived Profile

christibro2
0 0 8

Description

Hi I'm Chris, I'm 45 and have been smoking for over 30 years. I must quit I have to quit. I have a severe form of Lupus and have had it since I was 27. I have known from that day that I MUST quit. But I figured I can die at any time, any time  so why not? The way I cope with the stress of Lupus is to smoke my brains out.  Doctors have begged, pleaded and lectured me. That just made me rebel. I knew I wouldn't even attempt quitting until and only when it was MY choice. The women in my family all smoke. All of us are doing our best to quit. Chantix/Wellbutrin etc are NOT an option for me, the risks are severe. So I have a nicotine pen. Is it the best way, likely not but for now I need it and it seems it is keeping me under a pack a day. I was smoking almost 3 packs daily...it is some progress. My quit day is June 7th. I have to succeed.mi can always accomplish what I need... Weight loss ok, no sun...ok, taking my mess etc ok. Not with smoking. It changes now! I love smoking, the taste the smell (but not others), the emotional release. But I must quit, the sooner the better

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

fullerton, ca

Interests

makeup, fashion, books, family, psychology

Skills

marketing, abuse counseling (pretty ironic), makeup artist