cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

cessation certificate

toby7
0 7 174

new to blog and website. day 12 w/o smoking. day two felt like I needed an exorcism but getting better every day. just wish I could just forget about cigarettes completely. my company will give ma a break on health insurance if I complete a cessation program and show them a certificate of completion. any suggestions for websites would be appreciated. my search hasn't turned up any sites that provide certificates, but I did find this site!

7 Comments
lilmom88

I got a certificate from my state as I enrolled in their quit smoking aide. they provided me with my nicotine replacements and then mailed me a certificate that I had complete so many weeks smoke free.

newlife5

my company used to do that as well,  usually your employer provides you with the program ..... what most dont tell you is that each year you have open emrollment... if you are a non smoker for one yrear  you can still get that discount... the nicotine will have been out of your body long enough to pass their test...( a swab from the inside of your mouth)....but more important... you will be healthier... quitting smoking must be  a personal choice not just for the discount... smoking is really bad for you.. the discount is a nice incentive though.. but have you ever figured out how much you will be saving by not smoking? for me it is $100-$150 each month... much more than the discount...haha... take care  and hang in there

neonurseutmb

Nice job Toby.  I'm on day 12 too,......I think.  I quit on 11/28.   Don't know about the certificate thing, except for this site.  I'm actually saving like $240/mo by not smoking.  I already picked out my first reward that I will pay for with that money!

maggie_8-1-2010

Local hospitals usually have smoking cessation programs. the programs don't last very long and you get a certificate at the end.   Congratulations on going 12 days without smoking. Keep it up!

Strudel

Toby - Congrats on day 12!! I don't know of sites with certificates. However, the web site - http://quitsmokingonline.com has a great - free - on-line course! As far as the certificate goes - the hospital thing Maggie mentioned may be your best bet. Welcome to the site!

toby7

Thanks Strudel. Great website! it has already shown me how to "accept" the thoughts of smoking and how to react to the feelings. The near constant thoughts of smoking, or not smoking, has been the most trying for me. The actual "feelings" aren't that bad just the pervasive thoughts. You have done a good deed today, thank you.

redheat29

MY JOB IS SAYING I NEED PROOF OF COMPLETION FOR THIS COURSE FOR MY HEALTH INSURANCE.  MY INSURANCE WILL GO UP IN PRICE IF I DO NOT GET IT.  IT'S ENOUGH TO GIVE ME A TRIGGER TO SMOKE.  BEEN BACK AND FORTH ALL DAY WITH THESE PEOPLE.  MAKE SURE ALL THE CHECKS ARE GREEN, THEN YOU PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE.  16 DAYS SMOKE FREE AND WANTING TO SMOKE RIGHT NOW.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THIS INVISIBLE CERTIFICATE THAT I NEED TO PRINT!?!?