Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

carpe_diem_2014 Archived Profile

carpe_diem_2014
0 0 4

Description

I put out my final cigarette on 2/5/2014 at 12:00 p.m. EST.

When I first visited EX, I became a non-smoker on 12/26/2013, quit for about 31 days, and then fell again for the nicotine trap right at the beginning of my walk into "No Mans Land". Smoked ten days (three packs total), and am now ready to actually BE a non-smoker.

I am not taking any medications or using any nicotine replacement. I have only read Allen Carr's EasyWay books, www.quitsmokingonline.com, www.whyquit.com, and am attending a smoking cessation group every Tuesday evening at the local hospital. The hardest part of this journey for me is the constant thought of cigarettes. If I can get over that, and give myself time to adjust to this new lifestyle, I know I will be successful.

This is my third attempt at quitting smoking, and I am hoping my last. I just need to remember the golden rule of quitting - "There is no such thing as only one cigarette".

Brief Description

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” "You must be the change you want to see in the world" -  Mahatma Gandhi  | Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the next.

Website

No website in profile.

No location in profile.

Interests

No interests in profile.

Skills

No skills in profile.