Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

caribegal1 Archived Profile

caribegal1
0 0 4

Description

I'm a 65 (almost) year old smoker.  Can we say that since folks in AA introduce themselves as alcolics? I've smoked for nearly 45 years and tried to quit many times.  Anyway, I joined EX for the support which is endless, useful, friendly and honest.  I quit smoking for the umpteenth time on Sept. 23, 2011 and each day is a miracle to me.  This time I will succeed, partly because I want to, need to, and have found an outlet that seems to serve everyone well.  Now isn't that selfish of me?  But I've found that I can also offer support, encouragement and caring to others.  It's to our mutual benefit, isn't it?  I'm retired from a career in Human Resources and Administrative operations, having last worked in a mental health facility.  I'm a mom of two sons and and a daughter who are the light of my life, a wife for 42 years and at last, a grandmother of two beautiful 2-year old identical twin girls.

I'm also an avid gardener, a reader, I like to travel particularly to the Caribbean, hence my stage name, caribegal1 and I love family gatherings!

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

CT

Interests

gardening, Reading, travel and entertaining.

Skills

Organization, attention to detail, an imagination and a problem solver.