cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

but i waaaant to!!

joe7
0 2 5
I have a vice - and it's not cigarettes. I love smoking marijuana! I have smoked it for about 4 years now, and socially and privately it is one of my favorite things to do. When I smoke pot I feel like I appreciate life more, and with many many medical issues on my back, it really helps put my mind at ease. The problem is I am a singer, and that it my only source of income besides what the government helps with (thank you by the way!). I am a 100% believer that hemp and all of the thousands of products that can be made (cheaply!) out of hemp (clothes, soaps, all kinds of stuff - look this up) is going to save the economy and the world. But it's still smoking - and cooking with it is great but i don't care for the taste. I guess I just need to stop smoking everything altogether - where I thought that I would be able to still smoke pot and not give up my voice. i am serious about singing - and although some singers sound great even though they've smoked for years - I lose my voice in a heartbeat. So I guess thats not me - the whiskey voiced lounge singer - it's not what I strive to be professionally. I take my health seriously, but even with all the problems I have - my kidneys dont work so im on dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours - blah. waiting for a kidney now - we'll see how that goes. in the meantime - i'm proud of myself for not smoking cigarettes in a week - a week today actually. I don't desire them - and I feel like that they are already a thing of the past. now my issue is the pot. blaaaaaaah.
2 Comments
karenr
Joe,

You need to give it all up exspecially since your kidney is a problem, I use to smoke pot many years I am 46 smocked cigs for 33 and recently found out I have mild emphsema but not on any meds thank the lord I found out in time.....There is alot of support here all you have to do is ask...I am going to add you as a friend and stay in touch WTG for not smoking for a week I am on day 25 yee haw we can do this Karen
barbara42
give it all up, you are more important than any thing. i know it will not be easy but you can and will do this, we will be here when you need us peace!