Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

bean5 Archived Profile

bean5
0 0 6

Description

Hello, my name is Sabine--S-A-B-I-N-E, and I am an addict. I am a 39 year old woman who has been a smoker for 20 years.  I have smoked up to 3 packs a day; but for the past 4 years, a pack-a-day.  I am fed up of poisoning my body and those around me with this addiction for 20 years. I have been trying to quit, "off and on", for half of those years (10 years of beating myself up about being a smoker).  I have tried to quit over a dozen times, and have tried a variety of ways: cold-turkey, Allen Carr's "Easy Way to Quit Smoking"--which is a really good read, herbal "quit smoking" aids, medication, the E-Cigarette, the patch, nicotine lozenges and gum (not necessarily in that order).  

My Quit date:   I quit on July 6th 2011, at 9a.m.  That day, I extinguished my last "sickorette" after being disgusted with myself for ALREADY having smoked my second of the day--and already wanting another as I was crushing the butt. PATHETIC!!!

My Promise:  To keep my vow to not take another puff ever again, and be nicotine-free (I am using nicotine gum)  no later than January 6th 2012 (6-months from quit date).

The Difference:  I know what  to do in order to win--DO NOT CHEAT and N.O.P.E !!!  

I feel I have found the right formula for me--I REALLY WANT TO STAY QUIT!   I have adopted a morning exercise routine and the nicotine gum has helped keep my cravings at bay--I believe that everybody needs to find what works for them, and it is a personal journey for each of us.  Last, but certainly not least of all, this website has been instrumental for me and my quit.  THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

all over this beautiful world

Interests

living life to the best of my capabilities, genuinely good people, the outdoors--nature and animals, traveling

Skills

http://www.freeflashtoys.com/?myspace-countdown-clocks

http://www.freeflashtoys.com/?myspace-countdown-clocks
Make your own Countdown Clocks