cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

aint it funny

growingpains
0 9 15

isnt is weird how when youre just you , ppl love it and they support you all the way, but when you try to make changes in your life to become a better you, ppl cant stand it...and they start freakin out??? i just think its soo funny how the ppl who say they love you say they want the best for you, and suggest changes, and then when you actually take their advice and start to better yourself, they re the first ones to bail on you...and that supposed to b family...well i choose my own life now..i make my own decisions, i will no longer allow ANYONE to affect my happiness any longer...no longer will i be crushed under the weight of someone elses criticism over my life... i cant please everyone...all i can do is remember N.O.P.E. and take it one day at a time...

9 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Yes! When you change it rocks the boat! That's why you have to quit for you! This is your time! The ones you love and that love you will come around! Best Wishes!

imadeer

You kinda gotta live for you.

Ima just sayin

donovan6

you got it kid!!!

violet4

It's relationship dynamics. I completely understand. You may learn more about it reading a book called the Dance of Anger. I am with you on this one sweetie! NO longer will l let any of my accomplishments be sabotaged by absorbing everyone else's opinions of me.

rickc2

Yes it is a funny syndrome. The more you change the more others stay the same. Just saying! So be true to yourself and you will find that "new others" begin to surround you. It will be really cool.

gypsy6

You Must Keep Doing You!!  As the youngsters say:)  When you change for the better, it makes the people close to you take a real good look at themselves.  Try not to worry and to feed into there BS.  Protect your quit at all costs.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Strudel

Stay strong Dena!

gaills

And the people around you REALLY do come around..... Sometime in Jan, the bf suggested I start smoking.  Now he's making noises like he wants to quit.  Says I'm changing so much (for the better) he doesn't wanna be left in the dust.  The people in your life will come around when they see all the positive changes.

brenda61

Thatta Girl

http://rlv.zcache.com/dena_classic_style_name_tshirt-p235464215259147706sixd_152.jpg