cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

accedently i smoked today!!!!

shaheen
0 14 35

sorry. i cant explain my guilty feelings... what can i do now. after 120 days later i smoked. i cant control my tears. what i can do now??? i want to stay with all of you (ex smokers friend). sorry, sorry, sorry. i can't forgive myself.... please suggested me... every moment i think that situation and cry.... how fool i am. please help me. please help me. please... please. i am waitting for your reply.... i am nothing but a fool.

14 Comments
Yaya2.6.10

What you can do now is reset your clock and do not smoke again.  Become aware of why you lost your Quit after 120 days and be ready the next time.  BTW there is no such thing as accidentally smoking - you made a choice. 

MarcieWhosoever

shaheen! The problem is you smoked and then came here. You should have came here and told us your feelings, we would have talked you out of it! 

come here BEFORE you smoke! 

now i think you need to reset your clock and do NOT SMOKE ANYMORE! are you still smoking?

do not cry about it, its done and over. Decide what you will do next time so this never happens again. Also... remember how you feel right now. dont forget. we have not seen you here lately. Maybe you should pleadge to come here more often so it reminds you that you want to be a nonsmoker.

Marcie- NOT ONE HIT SINCE THE DAY I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!! 286 days!

Newfound_Joy

Shaheen...I did the exact same thing on my 83rd day just this past June 12th.  Please see my page to read my thoughts and how I handled it.

Yes you have tears now.......I was crying like a baby....but you pick yourself up and learn from it.  Reset your clock and start over. 

I was told "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE.  5 YEARS FROM NOW THIS WILL BE A DISTANT MEMORY"

If I can start over, you can too!  My thoughts are truly with you.

MarcieWhosoever
shaheen

marcie! i dont still smoking. i just take one. and feel guilty. i faild to keep my promise. i cant excuse myself. i belive that i can stand up again with all of your help.

lilmom88

consider this a lesson and learn from it, you made a mistake, but you can carry on and take each day as it comes, I am starting over too, but we must remember what brought us to this point again. Good luck and pick up the pieces and go on. We all need to stick together and help. You had a terrific quit going and you can do it again. I know I am going to do it this time and stay that way. I have learned it is easy to quit, it is the staying quit that is hard!!

MarcieWhosoever

shaheen. Ok time to get over the guilt. 

Done buns can't be un-done right? now move on and make a new promise to yourself that you will not give up! Get right back up, dust yourself off and stand tall. Be strong! You can do this! you know you can because you did for 121 days already. Its not the end of the world. I am SO glad you are not still smoking!  

Dont beat yourself up. Thank you for being honest with us! We still love you Shaheen 🙂

your friend, Marcie

Giulia

OK, you blew it.  And you found out what your quit was worth to you, through the cost of your tears and guilt.  But it wasn't an accident.  You put that cigarette in your mouth and lit it up and took that not-one-puff-ever puff. 

So.  Lesson learned, we hope.  Throw away any left over cigarettes and start your clock over.  The important thing is not to continue smoking.  The important thing is to figure out why you smoked.  Really sit down with yourself and examine the reasons that you threw away your 120 days.  What was the craving that drove you?  Was it stress?  Anger?  Sadness?  Excitement?  What made you forget what you've learned from everybody on here?  You need to understand that so that you can prevent it from happening in the future.

You can't be smoke free if you allow "accidents," Shaheen.  Not One Puff Ever - we say it because it is the simple truth.  We want you back on the Freedom Train.  Start anew and keep learning.

BobbyMaynard

Forgive yourself Shaheen, learn a lesson and keep moving forward. You have been doing very well and you can continue to do well. We are glad you are here with us and we are glad that you are not continuing to smoke. Forgiving ourselves for the way we have treated ourselves is a large part of becoming a nonsmoker. Keep going forward.

Bobby

shaheen

giulia. thanks for your text. yes, right you are. if i allow "accidents" then i never give up smoking. belive me i never puff again. i would ride on freedom train again. pray for me. now i am going to change my clock. how it change i dont know yet. but i am trying. if possible please help me to change my clock. i will start my new life....

Giulia

Before you change your clock, I suggest you copy your whole page.  If you don't know how:  put your cursor at the top, hold down the left mouse button and drag it all the way to the bottom of the page.  Then press CTRL and the letter C.  Then either go into your email program and press CTRL V or  go into your word processing program, start a new page and paste your page in there.  The site has been acting up a lot when people change their quit counters.  At least if you save your page and it disappears, you can put it back.

The only way I know how to change a quit counter is to delete the old one and start a new one from scratch.  So click on "Make your own Countdown Clock" under your clock.  It should take you to that site where you can make a new one.  Then go in and edit your page on this site (delete the old clock and replace it with the new one.)  Somebody may give you better advice than this - ask around.  Just make sure you copy your page first.

JonesCarpeDiem

its kind of hard to accidentally smoke after you've been quit 120 days

just don't use it as an excuse to keep smoking.

Strudel

Shaheen - I appreciate your honesty of coming right back here and telling us! You have gotten right back into your quit - that to me is THE most important thing! Some people smoke that "one" and they keep on smoking - setting a new quit date in the future....not good! So you are smart to get right back at it! You know how to do this - I have all confidence in you. Figure out what went wrong - learn from it! That way it won't happen again! 

kimj2

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!!!!!  You made a mistake...get back on the program and move forward...not in reverse.  YOU ARE STILL COMMITTED which is the most important thing...stand up, brush yourself off and continue on the path....

FAILURE IS NOT FALLING DOWN...IT'S NOT GETTING BACK UP!!!!