cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

a slip from hell and what does this mean

poisonous-gemini
0 7 91

last night i was good. i was three days from my first month of being clean and my aid was being used less and less. Then, my stepmother started in on me on how i'm living off of her and my dad and showing no progress.  She just keeped mentally beating the shit out of me and by the time she was done all i could do is cry. i cried all night to my fiancee who doesn't live with me and all this morning. i can't take it anymore and i went and bought a pack and cried for falling off with two days till my first month. i'm stable now but she's one of my triggers, and she don't care.  not once has she said she was sorry even when she saw me crying, so what do i do?? thinking about my child while fighting the urge made it worse, because she's going around telling everyone how proud she is of her mommy. i was quitting for her and for my fiance but manly my own health, now i'm lost again on what to do.

7 Comments
maynell

Just keep trying. You'll do it.

mimi57

PICK YOURSELF UP AND START OVER AGAIN....DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP........I AM SORRY THAT SOMEONE TREATED YOU SO BADLY.......JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE WORTH IT AND TRY NOT TO LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE LESS OF A PERSON...........TRY AND WALK AWAY IF YOU CAN WHEN SOMEONE DOES THAT TO YOU......HANG IN THERE...IT WILL GET BETTER......

copernicus

I agree qith Mimi. You can do this. Just keep your chin up and don't let her get to you. We are all proud of you.

JACKIE38

I AGREE JUST GET YOUR SELF BACK ON TRACK YOU CAME SOFAR ALLMOST A MONTH COUNT THIS AS A SLIPAND MOVE ON. SORRY SHE TREATED YOU SO BAD, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES  AROUND SHE WILL GET HERS, STAY AWAY FROM THE HAG IF I MAY CALL HER THAT.

GOOD LUCK JACKIE

edith2

Smoking is an addiction that tells you you don't have an addiction.  Do not let people, places or things take away what you worked so hard to get.  Life still goes on after we quit.  Get right back to your new quit and don't let anything stop you from your goal this time.  I have a sister who has two sons that only live miles from me and they won't associate with me because I'm not "Molly Mormon."  My daughter wrote the nastiest e-mail to a few members of my family stating what a horrible mother I am.  Since I quit, I lost my job of 22 years.  Almost ended up homeless.  Two weeks ago my wallet was stolen.  What I'm getting at is there is no good reason to smoke.  Only excuses.  If you can give me a good enough reason to smoke, I will throw away my 5+ years and light up with you.  Your daughter will still be proud of you because you're going to try this again.  I'm on my 4th quit and I started smoking 40 years ago.  Don't give up on yourself.

stay-lo-bo

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and quit again. I would have a plan for when your ~!@#$%^ step mother jumps on you again, so you can fall back on that plan when you you want to smoke. Have it laid out with two or three things you can do. I know it's hard. It's hard for me too. I'm trying not to get too cocky and over confident. Good luck to you.        

anacondahead

That sounds like a very hard thing to go through - I'm so sorry but this is your time to quit, for you and for those who love you. Start again and if you feel like you may cave in, come here and tell us about it. It may help.

Nearly 1 month is amazing - you can do it. Best of luck to you!!!!!