cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

a good sign.....I think

bjmarks
0 6 38

Up until now when I have had a smoking dream I have smoked in it. Last night I dreamed that I was digging in my purse for a cigarette....in a panic like I would do sometimes when I was smoking. I found the cigarettes and then the lighter and in my dream I really really wanted one, I even smelled of the pack..............and then in my head I heard myself saying " you really DON'T want to do this". I put them down and didn't smoke.

Now I know this was only a dream but I think it's a good sign that my quit is one of the most important things in my life. It doesn't matter if it's been one day, or 360 Not One Puff Ever !!! ( even in my dreams)

6 Comments
IrishRose

Looks like you will be celebrating one whole year quit in just five days!!!!  You are doing so well with your quit.way to go

Bonnie11.3.2009

I think its a good sign too!  Congratulations on 360 Days!  Almost to that 1 Year!  Good for you, for all your efforts and determination!

lanie4

I definately see that as a sign that you don't want to smoke anymore...Its your conscience telling you how you truly feel...Good for you !!  Keep up the good quit ... It really does get better.

laurie37

That's a wonderful step forward in my opinion and a great sign!!! In my last "smoking" dream, I found a piece of nicorette gum, opened it up and chewed it. It tasted awful.  I'm anxious to have a dream like yours. 🙂

tamarale

That's a great sign. You are an EX smoker, and you know that even in your sleep. Congratulations.

Breakinchains

I'm not going to promise you the smoking dreams will go away, because I think it's different for different people. It's impossible to predict dreams, but I do think it's a good sign you have made significant progress. I have been quit for 2 years now, and I have not had a smoking dream for a long time. Best wishes.