cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Yup, Today is the day!

gregp136
4 14 140

And it is good to know, the voices have started already.

"Maybe you should quit tomorrow instead."

"Just one more before you quit"

"I wonder ALL the cigarettes got wet in that last pack you soaked in water?"

"Think there might be a few in an old pocket somewhere?"

But I knew they were coming, so I am not bothered.  They did arrive a little early this time.  How impolite!!  I was hoping they would be fashionably late.

But I will be here on the playground.  Playing on the slide, the swing, the Jungle Gym and the sandbox.  Oh, and don't forget the merry go round.  Lets see how fast we can get it to go!  Remember when we got it going too fast and dwwms flew off?  Luckily, no one get hurt on this playground, as long as they stay here and away from that bully nicotine!

Hope you all have a great night!‌

Greg

14 Comments
indingrl

YoungAtHeart

Remember - don't let those thoughts hang around in your head unchallenged!  Change your mind's direction.  Count the blue things in the room, or count backwards from 10,000, or think of girls'/boys' names for each letter of the alphabet, or take slow/deep breaths, concentrating on the air going in,then slowly out...then go slower and deeper with each breath, or march in place, or take a walk, or do a few jumping jacks or sit-ups.

ALMOST time to celebrate Day WON!  Meet me at the swings and I'll give you a virtual high five!

Jennifer-Quit

Those voices are just a part of it unfortunately - if it were easy, no one would smoke,  Because it is disgusting.  But I can say without a doubt that it is the best thing that I ever did for myself - so tell those voices "go fuck yourself". You got this Greg!

YoungAtHeart

DAY WON!

DAY WON!

DAY WON!

(woo-hoo for YOU!)

RachelMB

You can do this Greg!  On to day 2 WON! xoxoxo

Rachel

sweetplt

Hang tough gregp136 and remember these feelings...where you never want to come back to again...keep the quit and this is the last hell week...wishing you a good day ~ Colleen 810 DOF

Barbscloud

Congrats on day one.

Keep moving forward.

Barb

Barbara145

Congratulations Greg.  This sounds so simplistic but when I was at the end of my rope I would take a short walk.  I always felt better on my return.  You can do this.

MarilynH

We're all here for you Greg and we're so EXcited to have you back and in the playground with us it just wasn't the same without you so we all abandoned the playground BUT now you're back YAY! Hugs coming your way dear friend.....

Christine13

Welcome back Greg!!  I will be here on and off all day.  Onto day 2 for you!

elvan

You’ve GOT this, Greg.

indingrl

16138489256624568749114367607525.jpg

DOF - Yahooooooo - GO GREG GO

JACKIE1-25-15

You can tell thoughts to shut up, leave you alone and mean it because you want to play. They will go away as long as you keep telling them to.

Giulia

You are Today Small.jpg

I May Want.png

About the Author
I am 64 now. Living, breathing, keeping busy, but yet...failing. It is time to stop failing, at least when it comes to quitting smoking.