cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

You're My People Now...

Kinterralynn
2 11 25

I'm working on Day 6 of the quit... I feel accomplished as I have moved from counting hours to counting days!  I neglected to post yesterday, but that was a personal choice.  I was spending the day in reflection, and reminding myself that I would not leave life as my mother did.     Yesterday, marked 21 years since she fell in the street with brain aneurysm.   She was a very heavy smoker and had extremem hypertension.  They said they found a cigarette lying next to her, still smoldering away.   Her choice to have that morning cigarette essentially killed her.  You would have thought that back then, I would have quit smoking.

I am one year younger than she was when she died.  My motivation to quit was not only a doctor's opinion that I was developing COPD, but the fact that I don't want to die yet.    I want to see my grandchildren that have yet to be born, i want to write that novel, travel the world and have more adventure.   I loved my mother dearly, but she was a prisoner of the nicotine.  She made the choice to take her chances and she lost the gamble.  

It sounds bad to some people, but you all hear will understand when I say,  "I do not want to be like my mother"

Carry on the good fight my peeps, and may the odds be ever in our favor! 

11 Comments