cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

You held my hand

Cindiboo
0 7 25

48 HOURS!! Thank you all!! Most especially I am so thankful and grateful for Terrie. Who took my hand in the first few hours. She also came back and found me today! All of the responses I have gotten from so many of you. To finally not have to do it Alone! I have never met any of you, yet feel like I matter to each one of you. I feel a closeness and true concern and genuine connection. This has a healing power all on its own. I look forward to reading more stories and holding your hands as well. 

could of been a difficult day.. Your mind really plays games, I found my Thots saying just one... Just one !! No!! These wonderful people are rooting for me, a commitment I gave to hold onto the hands of Mag and Terrie. I read your blogs, all of you, followed links you sent me, I even jumped aboard a Train!!  Reading your stories I realized how important every single one of you are ! Whether the new gal, or my new friends who are at 20 days...or 994 days.. Or 7 years. We all need each other to share the different seasons we have to walk thru.  thank you Elders, for your wisdom and dedication to keep lifting up others! We need you! I Will Not Quit My Quit!! And because you held my hand.. May I always be able to hold out mine!

Cindiboo

7 Comments
ShawnP

You do matter to us!!! 

" I have never met any of you, yet feel like I matter to each one of you. I feel a closeness and true concern and genuine connection"......that is what is special about this community and no other.

Our addictive mind aka Nic, will say things to you that aren'[t good.Nothing but lies.  Don't believe it. We have the power to control him!!! Just keep saying NO. A word of advice is stay close to this site and read. You will become stronger!!

Cindiboo

Shawn, don't you worry... I'm not going anywhere! I still struggle getting to everything on the site but it's comin. I can't read much while at work so a bit late on things ... But no lies, nothing will stop me from reading and joining with you and all the EX's. That you, loved the train!!

ShawnP

When i first joined the site, it took me awhile to learn how to get around. You are doing great!!

Jeff121

Hello and welcome. I hope things are going well for you. I have been here sence Febuary  and I still get lost, but it is getting better.Takes time to figure out were to go. I work 2nd shift so I am a late reader on this sight. I do try to stop by 4-5 nights a week and read the new comments. It does help, you are not alone. We are here to help and as you say "hold a hand out". Take care for now, visit with you again sometime.

TerrieQuit

Hello Cindiboo, I am very glad you found the train. That's fun, isn't it? Anyone of us will be more than happy to help you navigate the site better. If you have any questions, just ask!

That Nico-Demon will try to get in your head. Read, blog and stay close to us! Distract yourself and he will go away! You really are doing a great job! Congratulations on 2 days!

Next to each persons comment is a picture/avatar, if you hover it an arrow will appear, if you click on profile you can go to that person"s page. Some of us have links to information and groups we belong to, etc.......... feel free to nose around!

Terrie

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

johio

Great Blog Cindiboo.....

You are going to be a wonderful addition to this site......

We do care about you because we have been where you are now, and know how important it is to reach out to help someone. I feel you will be a great help to others that are struggling.

Stay close here and post often.....

Strudel

You have the kind of attitude that leads to success! Congrats on your quit! You are doing this!