cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Yikes 2 years and 2 months after quitting

Christine13
10 11 178

Hi, after I stopped smoking, well, things have been rough, really rough at times, but good too.

Anyway, on Monday afternoon, I came out of the dentist's office after having a cleaning.

I was waiting for my taxi to come and get me, and I looked next door and there was to Domo Gas Bar, and they sell cigarettes!!  I remembered going over to buy my Canadian Classic cigarettes, (an inferior brand, not even a classic cigarette) at $18.50 two years ago.

Well for a moment I stood there, reliving walking over the to buy, getting the smokes into my hands and lighting up.  Oh my gosh, this is the fantasy and romancing the cigarette that I always did, when I was a serial quitter for 15 years.  I also imagined lighting up,

and pouring a drink.  I don't do either of those things anymore. said to myself, remember how much you hated yourself for 15 years not being able to stop smoking, and what a battle it was?  I've heard that you need two sets of seasons behind you.  Well, my second 

year quit was August 2, 2021.  I NEVER want to go back!!  Just shows you, even an elder like me, can slip back if you let that nicodemon thinking and romancing into your brain!!

I NEVER smoked that day or bought.  I didn't have the drink either.  I've been sober for the same amount of time.

Don't do it!!

Don't EVER go back to square one, or you may not have another quit left in you!!

Sincerely,

Christine13

The only way out is through!

11 Comments
About the Author
I'm a widow now, my husband passed away January 1, 2018 He died of COPD, and pre leukemia and the flu. He quit smoking 15 years ago which gave him extra time. I am a mother, and grandmother. I have smoked for 47 years. I am going to have my forever quit and I'm doing it for me and my two daughters so I can live longer and be with them. I like to read, swim, garden, crochet, paint and doodle. I also enjoy walking and visiting with friends and family. I am 100% making this my last quit. I have been in denial about what smoking has done to me and my kids. I must make a new life for myself and it doesn't include cigarettes. I may already have COPD, but have not been officially diagnosed.