cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

YOUR NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER...............

Sootie
5 7 145

I quit smoking on November 15, 2009.

Every year since then....I have posted a November to Remember blog on November 1st because there were so many Exers who quit in November...either in my year or before or after. Each year...I would name them in the blog and ask them to stop in to the site and give a shout out. And each year....many did.

However, life is about nothing if not about change and so I have decided to forgo that blog as many of the Exers have now drifted on to other paths in life.

I believe that we don't ALL have to stay here for years and years. Some of us...like me...do. And that's ok. And some leave and that's ok too. It doesn't mean EX has something "wrong" with it.......it means all people follow their own path. I enjoy being here and responding to new quitters as well as continuing to communicate with so many DEAR friends who I met here on EX and who have also stayed.

I am sure that SOME of my November to Remember friends will return this month (even without my post calling out to them) to say hello and give an update on their fantastic quits....I can't wait to see them.

We had to change....and change dramatically....to quit smoking. When people around me fear or complain about change....I always say------------------Stop worrying about what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right!

TWELVE YEARS ago this month.......I changed my life. I quit smoking. I stopped worrying about how hard it would be; how much weight I might gain; the friends I couldn't hang with and smoke with; the routines I would lose that I had set into my life that included smoking......I stopped worrying about ALL of it and started to get excited about what could go right.....better health; new friends (thanks EXERS); more time for family and friends; a totally better life.

For everyone who is new......WELCOME . Don't worry about what could go wrong.....get excited about what will go right.
For everyone who has stayed with me on this journey.....I value your friendship more than you know. You are a HUGE part of my quit success.
And for those whose "change" has taken them away......I miss you, but I wish you well on whatever path you are traveling and know that you do the same for me.
And if you are quitting THIS November.......GOOD FOR YOU and WELCOME to YOUR November to Remember and the beginning of a brand new life.

Stay Strong.

Tags (1)
7 Comments
About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.