Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Write your goodbye letter, lets'see it

aztec
1 13 79

Dear Cigarettes.

I have used you as a crutch for all kinds of emotional reasons over the years. Now I realize how deadly & how much suffering I ‘ve done & will do if I continue thinking of you as my friend.

You want me to die early,14 to 17 years early,& suffocate doing it or have heart failure, stroke or other cancers.

Knowing the truth about you has opened my eyes. I am stronger,healthier & happier without you.I want all the good, full on love, this life has to offer and you want to take it all away.

GOODBYE,MY Family hates you too!

Tags (1)
13 Comments
breathe-free

Good Letter I will work on one....just got my clock!

Chuck-2-20-2011

Dear cigarette,

Well, you had me in your clutches for a long time. You said you were my friend but friends do not decieve each other. Friends do not try to kill me. Friends do not take all of my money and use it to try to destroy me. Friends do not lead me into a life of shackles and chains.

You had me in your clutches for far to long. Forgive me if I do not call you friend, for in reality I know your my enemy. You have worked hard at placing the tentacles deep into my mind, body and soul. You have taken my dignity at times but one thing you forgot to take from me was my determination to be rid of you forever.

Guess you messed up on THAT one! And so now as I tear those tentacles out of myself one strand at a time, I have to tell you that I will not miss you. I do not fear you!

Goodbye cigarette!

lauahe

Not so Dear Cigarette,

Ditto what they ^ said. I'm not going to waste any more breath on you.

Bye. 

bjmarks

Hey cigarette

C ya wouldn't want to b ya!!!

NANANANA.........NANANANA....... HEYHEYHEY........... GOODBYE

pipster540

Hey cigarette....EFF U!

angel62

dear cigarette, u r not my friend. u r my enemy. i hate u. i will not waste my breath on u. u have taking my grandma grandpa and my dad recently in september due to emphysema. i am in power now and u will never get me to smoke ur demon. goodbye

dodge315

Dear Sickorettes,

It's not you, it's me.  You haven't gotten worse for me or more addictive since the first day we met.  I knew you were not a friend to me, but still, we walked together for 7 years.  Unlike the classic breakup line, I don't "still wanna be friends."  I don't love you (and I'm not in love with you either).  Instead of I wish we had met 5 years down the line, I'm just admitting I wish we had never met.  I've kicked your butt!

pir8fan

Good Bye Evil one! You came to me when I was young and showed me a new experience. And although the first time was awkard it seemed good in the end, and I wanted to try again! I learned and became better at what I was supposed to do! But the afterglow was short lived and I was ready again and again! You were alway there for me. At my disposal whenever and wherever. You never said no! You made it so easy for me to love you! You created a need in me, but you were always there to satisfy it! Is it any wonder that you were my first thought in the morning and my last thought every night? I reached for you first thing every morning! I had total control of you! Slowly it changed. I had to check every night to be sure you would be there in the morning! You were no longer easy. I had to work to make sure you would be there. Occasionally you would run out on me. I would feel usless and helpless and I would rush to get you. And there was the fear that I could not live without you! You blinded me to the truth! You gave me nothing except an illusion. And you took and took until there was little left but a quiveing mass, begging for his pride back.

You will decieve me no more! I see you for the thieving slut that you are. There was never enough for you! And now there is nothing! Every feeling I ever had for you is gone, leaving nothing but comtempt! You stole my youth! You impaired my growth as a human being. You almost got away with my very life! There is nothing here for you anymore. Leave!! Never look back! You have no place here ever again. Go and sing your siren song somewhere else. I will be you fool no more!

EllenMT

Cigarette: This is to serve notice that you will no longer be welcome in my life, you are not to call, write, telepath, walk, fly, swim, squirm or osmosis into my being ever again.  I have notified my higher power to use every and all means necessary to make sure that you never bother me again.  You are my mortal enemy and I do not ever want to see, smell, taste, hear or feel your stink on me ever again.  This is my final notice to you!

YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED!

flossiemaeal

dear cigarette you took my breath away.so long,good bye!!!!!!!!

Lauralives

I can't start with Dear Cigarettes, as you are not Dear except if I am disillusioned.  I allowed myself to become addicted at such a young age.  How could we ever think there wouldn't be health risks?  I allowed you to become what I thought was a friend, a stress reliever and a confidant.  It was all lies.  I left you and you summoned me back with your allure of 
"stinkin thinkin" and again I was trapped.  

Even though it didn't feel good past the first puff, I continued to let you string me along like an unhealthy relationship and I have had a few of those.  The cravings convinced my better sense that I needed you and I would surpass my commitment to my own freedom for your trap.

The coughing, headaches, muscle pains and other horrible side effects were ignored as I took my leave from precious moments with friends and family to serve you.  

I am done with you.  I wish I could take you away from all the other people that are smoking too, but I only pray that they too, can find a way to let go of you and move toward a healthier life.  Free of you and your treacherous mind games.

I want to LIVE, BREATHE and LOVE without the smoke screen.  Yes, I know what I have hidden behind my smoking will certainly become clearer.  It may not be easy or comfortable, but I am willing to take that chance.

You are not a person so I don't need to feel guilty leaving you.  Only relief and a sense of well being.

Good Riddance To You!!

Laura

Giulia

Good one, Laura.

MarilynH

This is a great post aztec I don't believe I've seen it before, it's been a long time since we've heard from you I really hope that you are doing well, hummm I'm thinking of what to say in my goodbye letter to cigarettes hummm how about....

After 40 years of slavery it was time to say good riddens to bad rubbish and take out the trash of all of the paraphernalia like ashtrays lighters and anything else tobacco related and start living a Smokefree Life so I hung on tight and got through the rough patches and came out the other side smiling and realising how much better life is without the crutch of cigarettes ....