cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Share your quitting journey

Wowser only 2 more days till 3,500 YAY! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

MarilynH
6 10 216

Looking back to the beginning of my quit journey little did I know that I'd make it through the 1st day of my quit let alone be where I am today BUT I did and with the help of this community I made it through some pretty horrific times BUT  it sure as hell was and is worth every bit of the emotional roller coaster ride! I still smile at each and every day WON! Our lives literally depends on us to nurture and protect the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves! Lets always remember and ~ N.E.F ~ Never Ever Forget THAT horrid day one or those early stages of our quits because NONE of us has to ever go back to another day ONE EVER BUT EACH AND EVERY DAY WON IS TRULY THE GIFT OF LIFE!! 

The Choice is Ours! 

Screenshot_20240210-075829.jpg

20220410_083855.jpg

10 Comments
ReallyReal

Wow--the number of days free you have is inspiring and your encouragement is always a blessing.  It is amazing to me that I was able to free myself from the clutches of the nicodemon; and even as I realize I must remain vigilant as you often mention, I rejoice that I no longer smoke.  It is so good to see a joyful person living a life of freedom over days and weeks and years appreciating her freedom, and never forgetting what it took to get free.  Congratulations and blessings to you and yours as you walk the Freedom Road.  And thank you again @MarilynH for being a bright light, a beacon of hope, to the rest of us.

YoungAtHeart

Being free of addiction really IS the gift of life!

3167518.jpg

pir8fan

Awesome numbers! And you have done so much for so many! Congratulations on your success and the wealth of support and knowledge you have shared with others!

pir8fan

Awesome numbers! And you have done so much for so many! Congratulations on your success and the wealth of support and knowledge you have shared with others!

jonimarie

I just choose not to feed it. Basically as simple, as that although we sometimes like to make it complicated.

A beautiful Lady you are Marilyn. 3500 days Wowser is right

biscuit9

Morning Marilyn and all.  I choose not to feed my nic addiction any longer either.  It's a nasty harmful addiction and takes much more than it gives.  Quit day 511.  Congratulations Marilyn on staying committed all these years and hanging around to encourage all of us to stay committed as well.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations @MarilynH! What amazing accomplishment!

Quiana, EX Team

MarilynH

Thank you @YoungAtHeart @pir8fan @jonimarie @biscuit9 and @CommunityAdmin for all of your kind words I really appreciate it more than you know! πŸ’ž YAY for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! YAY for Freedom! 

SuzyQ411

I am so happy for you @MarilynH  and also so thankful to you for being one of the major forces on the EX who have nurtured me along to the point where I am now ONE YEAR AND 255 DAYS CLEAN-- in other words, I will be 2 years clean in just four months! I sincerely thank you for your part in this and also honor your personal success, and your dedication and service to the rest of us. πŸ’œ

MarilynH

Thank you so much @SuzyQ411 YAY for you my dear friend and fellow EXer and most definitely EXtended family YAY for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! YAY for Freedom! Huge hug from me to you. πŸ€—πŸ’ž

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....