cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wow!

gvk123
0 3 9

Well tomorrow (Sunday) will be 1 week without the nicotine, and honestly, I don't have the craving for it. Only yesterday I had some work stress, and my thought was "I could do with a cigarette right now." But I actively realized what I had thought and relaxed myself. Physically, I feel okay, my chest still hurts (this is attributed to another problem; I have mild case of costochondritis), but my eyes have cleared up and I sleep well. I haven't coughed up any 'gunk' like everyone says they do (and that worries me, shouldn't I be doing that?)

But I don't crave the cigarettes. My aim was to take the Commit lozenges when I needed them....I only took it once, so I actually quit smoking cold turkey...accidentally! My journey's now begun, and I won't consider myself a non-smoker for a few months, but I'm on my way there. The actual first few days (for me) was easier than I anticipated, and I think therein lies a major problem: we all think we're going to suffer for a while, well in actuality it isn't as painful as we thought it would be; frankly I would rather 'suffer' through this Nicotine withdrawal than suffer from cancer or heart problems.

Anyhow thanks to all those who commented on my previous posts. I won't be putting another cig in my mouth anyime soon...I Hope!

3 Comments