Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wow - What a week and it's only Tuesday

Angelsyaya
4 6 208

Good evening,

I don't usually log in at night but felt the need.   Here is my week in a nut shell.

1.  Got a promotion at work I've been fighting for, for over a year!  Yes..

2.  Took my daughter in for a biopsy to see if she has uterine cancer, praying she does not, we have to wait a week for the results.  She's 40 and quit smoking a month ago

3.  Just got a call that my brother in law has LUNG CANCER, surgery is scheduled for May 5th to remove it, and god only knows where we go from there.  He is 64 and has smoked forever.

PLEASE DON'T SMOKE.......Your life depends on it.

Stacy

110DOF

6 Comments
About the Author
i Started smoking when I was 12. My parents were young and divorced. I would stay with my Dad in California for a month every summer. He caught me smoking and instead of punishment, he bought me a carton of cigarettes and said, if you're going to smoke, you're going to do it in front of me. He then proceeded to call my Mom and tell her. Needless to say, not to be outdone by Dad, I arrived home to a carton of cigarettes waiting for me in the car. Fast forward all of these years later and they are the two that harp on me the most about quitting. IRONIC don'tcha think. LOL 59, this is probably my 20th quit, but this one has to stick. Stage 4 COPD, 30% lung function and 229% air trappings. Been smoking since I was 12. Doctor said, QUIT NOW, or you'll be dead in 10 years. BIG MOTIVATOR. DO NOT FORGET THIS.