cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wow Never Thought I Could Do This!

carolynt
2 12 37

253 days!  Even though I worried for years that I should quit.  Maybe everyone else did the same but every day I thought to myself how crazy this was to keep on smoking but kept lighting them up just one after another.  After 50+ years I really didn't think I could quit.  I thought I had to have cigarettes and had resigned myself to the rest of my life as a smoker.  After all I kept telling myself that the damage was done at this stage and I had nothing to gain.  Finally one day I started thinking about the people I knew who had quit and if they could why couldn't I.  I found this site and started my plan and I'm so thankful that I did.  Though its not easy I did like the people on here advised just started one day at a time and stacking up those days!  Thanks for the support I have gotten on Become An EX!

12 Comments
enigmatik2

Amazing!  Congratulations!

YoungAtHeart

A-NOTHER fine example of brainwashing vs. reality.  Thanks for blogging your story.  I just know it will help someone on the fence about quitting or just starting out.

Congratulations on your quit.  Isn't life as an ex-smoker wonderful???!!!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO!

elvan

You are a poster child for the success of this site and the one day at a time journey. Congratulations, I am so happy for you and proud of you!

Summer-Rain

CONGRATS!!!

The journey continues

Giulia

Ah yes that everyday thought of  "I should quit," and then still putting the cigarette to lips and lighting up anyway.  But we didn't have the education to understand the nature of this addiction.  We knew it was bad for us, but we weren't aware of the tools necessary to overcome it.  Support and education gave us what we needed.  Well, it did me anyway.   Isn't it great we've wised up!!!!

shashort

Congratulations on your big 253 days of freedom!!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

congrats on your 253 DOF

bonniebee

Congrats to you Carolyn  ! I thought so much like you did I as a 52 year smoker and never thought i would make it and I have made it 467 days !

We did it..... yes we did ! I am so thankful for the support here on Ex too !

Together we are strong !

NewMe

I think we can all relate to what you said. A little education, some great support, and a commitment that starts out with sometimes just making it through one hour or one day at a time. Then the days do just start to stack up. 273 days for me. Yay, us!

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your awesome 253 precious smoke free days and counting WTG. ☆

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 254 DOF! Great job Carolyn!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!