cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wow I Slept All Day Yesterday....

kate106
0 8 50

When radiation kicks my butt, I sleep! And it's really starting to effect me. But nothing I can't handle. On Turkey day, it really hit me. After dinner, I went to bed at 8 pm. I never go to bed that early. Then I woke up the next morning at 6, I got up, took my meds, sat down at the computer, started to play a game, and that's all I remember.....I woke up in my computer chair and it was 8 am. I FELL ASLEEP AGAIN! And it was like that the rest of the day...I kept falling asleep at the computer (I have a really comfy chair), and my couch sitting up. Now I don't know if I told you this, but I am an expert at sleeping sitting up since my surgery, that's how i had to sleep for 2 weeks after I had my eye surgery. So I think I'm starting to have some major tiredness from the radiation, along with the nosebleeds (having those daily), and my eye is tearing constantly, BUT, I can still see really good out of my eye and no problems with my peripheral vision either--so that's good news....I can handle the side effects if they stay like this.......

As of today, I am smoke free for 1 Month!Yeah!! I don't miss the smoking, well sometimes, but I'm glad I quit.... I really am.... Have a great Day........

8 Comments
MarilynH

Congratulations on your 1 month milestone, I am so happy for you. You continue to stay tough, committed and determined because you can and will succeed in your quit. Don't be concerned with sleeping a lot ,listen to your body it wants and probably needs the rest. Stay strong with the radiation treatments, prayers are still going up for you. 

Marilyn 

YoungAtHeart

One month is AWESOME, especially with all you are dealing with.

I am so proud of you!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Listen to your body and get as much rest as you need.  Now is the time to pamper yourself - you deserve it - Big congratulations on one month!

swilson2

One month was a big deal for me it surprised me that i made it that far, congrats on your big milestone.

kshields59

Listen to your body; get the rest you need. You are in my prayers. Take it one day at a time. Glad to hear you are 1 month in your milestone;) Take care of yourself, and stay in touch...........Kelly

annb
Hey there girl I'm right with you and you are inspiring me!!! You are kickin it!!!
Junior7

One month is awesome!  Hang in there!

esb

30 days of freedom!  And let your body dictacte what it needs right now.  Sleep is wonderful for you and you should get as much as you need.

All the best -

-esb