cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Would you think so?

kellie_a
0 8 32
You would think that after 68 days it would get a little easier, no? I have had the worst day of my quit today. Through all I've been through and today I have had to literally sit on my hands to keep from picking up my car keys and driving to the convenience store to buy a pack of cigarettes.

I went to the doctor today and ended up having a crying fit while in there. Zoloft and Ambien. What a mixture. That should say something right there.

Here I am, typing this out and I can't help but wonder, why?
8 Comments
Charmed
I've had a day or two like that Kelli....I'm 6months in now....I'm sure as more and more time goes by it will happen less and less and then not at all. We just have to hang in there and be stronger than the crave....because we are stronger !! Keep your chin up and hang in there....cigs will make nothing better, our brains try to trick us into thinking that is not the case. But it is the case, try to remember that, it helps...
barbara42
hang in there sweet heart, do not let this rotten addiction take advantage of your bad day, you have already whipped hit,s ass, so you get some sleep, tomorrow is another day and you will face it as a non smoker, hang tough
melissa2
kelli, it was about the same time, actually a little longer in that I gave in, don't you do it!
You are doing awesome, and you do not want to start over, believe me, it is aweful. I am doing better now after 3 weeks into this quit, but I don't want to start over. Let's keep these quits and show this addiction who is boss. I hope you are ok..hang in there, I have faith in you.
Goin to go read now :)..Breath...deep breaths, I have to remind myself sometimes 🙂
jan__tx
hang in there girl...I had to start my chantix back again .. I didn't give into smoking but I was climbing the walls wanting to smoke so before I did I started my meds back:)
jennie3
Stay strong,my friend you doing great!
claudia2
Kelli, Perhaps this nicer weather is bringing this out for people. Do not give in.FIGHT GIRL with all your MIGHT. You just can't throw away this time that you have.....and I know that you have one of those fast cars that you like to drive...don't let it steer you the wrong direction. Think Straight, not LEFT ( it will make since if you think about it)
carlie
Kelli....Kelli....Kelli.......Been there...done that...haven't you ?? Everytime you say: "THIS has been the worst"...you are usually pretty quick at remembering a time that WAS worse..and you were the champion in that fight. Makes you stronger for the NEXT fight !!! You are strong, woman...and I know you are NOT going to drive to the convenience store and buy a pack....LMAO...not YOU - you're a non-smoker !!!!
Love you my dear friend...Glad you came here !!!!!!
jim_taddeo
Great help I am......sorry I was off on my own. Remember what I told you about addiction. RECALL what YOU KNOW ABOUT IT! If we used a substance for 30 EFFEN years to trick ourselves into thinking we were dealing with our daily issues and we were wrong....what makes you think dealing with something like what you are going through now is going to be easy. How many times to get to practice DEALING with what you have going on right now? HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT TO? I don't think I ever want to get used to dealing with it. Just remember that crying doesn't kill you but SMOKING DOES. Crying is the natural release and smoking/drugging/drinking/ADDICTIONS is the unnatural repression. 71 days is tremendous to a junkie.......I am so proud of you! Keep going! The only way to get better NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF........................NO MATTER WHAT! Hang in there.......your going to make it. I know shit hurts and it sucks but dying from addiction just sucks that much worse............Papa