cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Worry and anxiety

al_26
0 6 4

For me, and I'm sure for many others as well, smoking is a way to ease worry and anxiety. It calms the nerves momentarily. But the fact is, that worry in and of itself is a lack of faith. Instead of smoking to ease our worries, lets try to build our faith. Lets remember that God does in fact have a perfect plan unfolding for each and every one of us. This quit is all a part of it. He wants us healthy and living longer than we may if we continue to smoke and worry. Let us let go and let God the way He intended us to... Even though we have trouble releasing control. Just recall the messes we can make of things if we try to figure them out and fix them, and remember that when God takes care of us, He takes better care of us than we can, because He can see so many things we cannot. Trust Him and fear not!!!!! God did not give us the spirit of fear!

6 Comments
Mary155

Amen. 🙂

maggie_8-1-2010

Well said. Amen!

familyis1

AMEN to that. I agree 100% but I am ashamed of myself because my body is the temple of the Lord and I don't think God is to happy with the way I've been doing (smoking cigarettes). This is my first day and I am having a really rough time...

genevieve4

Well said! And He also blessed the earth with things to help us through our quit. Check out my blog on Foods that heal, art therapy, & laughter.

+ICXC NIKA (Christ Conquers)

Gen

laurie37

Thank-you for this.

marie23

Amen, So true let us all be strong in our faith and give it up to God.