cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Within the last 53 days, I have smoked 1 pack of cigarettes...I do not recommend doing this!!

cheyenne7
0 11 154

Not a good choice folks...I can tell you that immediately, with the first puff, I could feel myself sinking physically...so amazing how quickly this occurred...not, not, not worth it!!!

When I went to my quit profile and clicked on "I've slipped up"...it gave me the option to continue with my quit, or to take more time to prepare for a future quit...

I chose to continue with my quit...

I wrote down how my body responded to this pack, to keep for future reference, in case I find myself going for them again...

Interestingly my mind wasn't willing to quit on my quit....this was the pivotal point of my decision--to either continue with the quit or keep smoking...

Very, very, very close call...I pray nobody puts their quit in the dangerous position that I placed mine, and I am just thankful that I got by this...nothing short of a miracle, or nothing short of making the right decision...

I hate cigarettes!!!

11 Comments
SarahP

Good job choosing to quit again right away, and not use this as an excuse to smoke for another year or who knows how long! It's good you're thinking about how the pack felt and how you responded. 

Be sure you are also thinking about what led you to smoke, and how you will respond differently next time. Because there WILL be a next time. Stress, heartbreak, bad news, it will all continue to happen. Understand the pivotal points for you, where you had choices and how you will choose differently next time. 

You can do this! 

Giulia

You are making the right decision, indeed.  The easiest thing in the world would have been the keep smoking.  You made the much better choice.  

(PS - NOPE doesn't stand for not one pack ever, it stands for NOT ONE PUFF EVER.)

Jenn_06-03-14

Good job on deciding to stay quit!  There are a few times where I almost went out and bought a pack of cigarettes, but then just waited and waited and waited unitl the moment passed and then continued with my quit.  Some days are easier than others!  Good for you!  Keep up the good work!  I hate cigarettes too!  They are filthy things that I wish were never invented!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

You will be back on track before you know it- keep strong!!!!!!!!!

You Can do it - I believe in you!!!!!!

Ms. "J"

ladybug21

you made the best choice to stay with the quit !!! wow, you tortured yourself stretching out 1 pack of cigs over 53 days? that is awful. you must feel horrible. you will feel soooooo much better not smoking anything at all. and your lungs and your body will feel a whole bunch better and that is why you chose to stay quit. and you know it, I don't have to tell you.   congrats!!

mary242

how many days of your quit did you have?

dawny
Well gang,its been 4yrs and Ive never went back- I did alot of praying for God to take the want away and alot of telling myself how much I hated cigarettes and it worked. I never imagined that after 40 yrs, I would ever be able to quit. It began to make me feel like a slave, worrying if I had enough to get thru the day, couldnt wait till break and lunch at work, lighting up as soon as I got into my car or when the phone rang.This website is invaluable because it helps keep you accountable, and on track. Red hot tamales candy helped alot when I would get the craving, because nicotine, caffeine, and sugar are pretty much the same addiction, but rest assured, if I can do this, you can to. the best to all of you, Dawn
LouiseR

Great choice on quitting again.  You know that smoking didn't help anything did it but actually made you feel worse and more stressed.  Keep reading and learning and keep blogging!

cheyenne7

Sarah...that does worry me. I was quit around the same # of days in the Fall when I restarted...so, I know it is entirely possible that after another 50 days, I'll land on my face again...like I said that worries me...maybe there is some reading that I missed, I'll keep searching for the answer.

Giulia...yes, I hear you...puff vs pack...so sorry...I have never relapsed with a puff in my life, unfortunately, It has always been with a pack...usually way more.

Ladybug...lol...I didn't word it very well. I was quit for 47 days...smoked a pack over 2 1/2 days, then quit again...this happened over the last 53 days...I always mess with numbers...math fan here.

47 days Mary...you've been so kind, sorry to let u down

Jterrock...couldn't agree more. Just think how wonderful it would have been for all, if cigarettes were never invented.  My father died at 51...he smoked Winstons...Miss him daily.

Ms J--thanks for having faith in me...that means a lot : )

Very impressive Dawn...inspirational too!

Louise...As always, thank you for your support and advice...you are right, smoking didn't help.

tim0921

Hang with it cheyenne. My worst day was day 127! Sat in the parking lot of the store ready to go in and just buy some. I think it was the last dying spasm of a nicotine demon who desparately wanted his fix. By the grace of God i won that one battle. I'm sure there will be others but if i can beat that one...i'm confident the next one will be defeated as well.

cheyenne7

Great job Tim!!!