cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Withdrawals after 14 days???

ralphh11
0 8 59

Anyone experience withdrawals after 2 weeks? I feel light-headed and my fingers occasionally tingle. Air in my stomach and slight digestive issues. Everything has checked out at the doctor, but I just get anxious with the lightheadedness and numbness in fingertips...

8 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

This is a link that was given to you yesterday.  Withdrawal can last up to 3-4 weeks depending upon individuals.  You should read the information that is suggested it is foe your benefit

ralphh11

Yes.. I read it. Just needed reassurance. Hadn't really experienced the dizziness until a couple of days ago.

YoungAtHeart

Quitting smoking is a journey - not an event - and it's not over in days, or necessarily even weeks.  It gets easier as time passes.  You will comtinue to have good and bad days - but after the initial period the good will outnumber fhe bad.

Just hang in there.  Try not to panic - most of the folks here helping others have been on this journey - and all of us lived to tell aboutit!

Nancy

lorilincoln

Maybe it's not withdrawal, but your body de-toxing

ralphh11

Thanks all. Maybe it's just obsessing over every little thing that goes wrong in my body and worrying I've done irreparable damage. I'm a worrier (I know I shouldn't be, but I am). I have no intention of ever going back... I think smoking caused anxiety attacks and other issues and now that I'm not smoking, my body is trying to adjust to some sort of normal. It doesn't help to read sites that try to sugar coat the withdrawals and detoxification process (3 days - peaks at 4?? haha! big joke!). 🙂 Staying positive....

dpop
Was wherr you are! It ends;)
elvan

Deep breaths in, slow breaths out through purse lips.  I read that a lot of our issues come from not remembering how to breathe.

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations on 14 days smoke free.