cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Winter too long

stacycatt
0 2 0

Hi all, I goofed in my last blog and said I was a month late on my pain pump refill.  Not true.  I had a refill last October, 4 months after the previous one.  Right on schedule.  I forgot to write it somewhere I would remember as I moved into my new condo and didn't have a place to put my calendar so I just write appts. on scrap paper and promptly lose it once appt. is done and then forget.  As is my usual way, I forget all kinds of stuff including what I wore yesterday.  I suffer from CRS as many of you can relate and know what it stands for lol.  Can't Remember Sh**!  Anyway,  MS doesn't help.  And btw, the pain isn't better enough that I feel the increased energy is staying around enough since I quit.  Granted it's not been two months yet but my neuro told me smoking didn't help my pain.  Well I quit so why am i still in the same pain I've always been?  No answers yet.  Have to endure MRIs again to see what's up with lesions and an aneurysm I didn't know I had that they found by accident.  Rather than worry about it, I put it in God's hands and let be what will be.  So far I'm still here and don't plan to go anywhere.  I should get together a living will however and I will sooner than later.  It's easy when you don't have much to leave anyone. 

So, just writing another blog because I haven't in a bit and since the last one not much has happened worth mentioning other than the above stuff already out there.  It would be nice if Spring would show itself just a little as we're still 20 degrees below normal and will be all week.  Worry next week will be the same and hope I'm wrong.  This has been the worst winter ever for the Chicago area ever.  The world's climate is changing drastically and I get the feeling we're in for crazy, record breaking, unheard of weather in the coming years and it's scary to ponder.  With spring comes the worry of tornadoes and in recent years they have been monstrous and I don't want my condo blown away in 2 seconds.  I'm in worry mode right now, not downer so please just disregard me on this but I've always been fascinated by weather and its power.  Mother Nature is pissed and not one soul can control her.  I guess that's the scariest part.  Predictions are better but that's about it.

Anyway,  I'm still chewing the gum and will soon lower to the 2 mg and I have cut down to under 10 pieces a day.  My stomach can't take more than that even though the package says you can have up to 24 in a day.  That's asking for ulcers.  So I control myself and the gum also controls my appetite because I'm chewing on something but it also kills my appetite so I know i'm losing weight but I refuse to weigh myself until I see my doctor next month.  My inability to exercise enough to shed extra weight has caused weight gain that's hard to lose but I've made a dent in the extra pounds through eating healthier and much less quantity.  I've lost my taste for foods I used to love like pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, and cheeseburgers.   It's unAmerican but my tastes changed I guess and I certainly don't need the extra calories. 

I'll be starting a custom needlepoint project for a good friend of his Siberian Husky who's 13 years old soon once I finish with a 16 x 20" hot air balloon scene for another friend that's going to be finished tonight.  I'll be glad to finally finish it as it's taken so long because it's so big.  It's a longstitch needlepoint so I can cover more than just one hole at a time like the husky one I'm going to start.  I did another husky one for the same guy for another husky he had that passed away a few years ago.  This is only fitting and I want to do this for him because he loves the dogs so much, more than any person on this earth including his own mother.

I hope everybody is doing well, looking forward to some beautiful warmer spring weather and keeping up the quit!!!  Take care.  Thanks for reading my rant...

Stacy

2 Comments