cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Why?

Breakinchains
0 10 125

Why, when I see people smoking  outside do they almost  NEVER look happy? Nine times  out of ten  they are standing by themselves, and they look lonely, miserable, and tired. Just something to ponder.

10 Comments
blc

I do believe that was once us....being alone and miserable while smoking. At least I am speaking of myself. And if you live up in the cold states.....its even worse!!!!!!! LOL

JACKIE38

yup     i remember doing that and was i happy no but i was cold, and so glad i dont do that any more.

Im sure you do too.

thanks for the insight,  and the walk down memory lane.  Dont miss it

have a great smoke free day........................  jackie

joe57

I read, that of all the cigarettes we smoke in a day, that we really only "enjoy" just a few.  Like first thing in the morning, etc.  All of the other cigarettes are only to feed the addiction.  So why would these people get great pleasure out of cigarettes that they really aren't enjoying?

I am on Day 54 and I have not smoked 1,508 cigarettes.  How many of those do I think I really enjoyed?  Probably a couple of hundred.  All the others were money wasted for the addiction.  What's there to be happy about?

onelasttime

I agree they do look sad and lonely I really feel sorry for them. I have also noticed they always look ashamed when you make eye contact. Did I do that probaly!

timetostop

yes if they were free and healthy I would enjoy them without a doubt....

hwc

Have you noticed that the groups of smokers always appear in black and white, like in an old movie. All gray and wrinkled. None smokers look like they are in color.

Maybe it's just me?

patrick-marsh

yes and have noticed that when thay always cough and look down !! use to  be us out there! now were the noon smokers!                   

patrick-marsh

yes and have noticed that when thay always cough and look down !! use to  be us out there! now were the noon smokers!                   

patrick-marsh

spell ck were the NON SMOKERS HA HA

Breakinchains

blc, I'm from Minnesota, I'd say that qualifies as a "cold" state, lol.

About the Author
I quit smoking on March 26th, 2009. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years. I quit because I began having health issues in my early 40's. I had a TIA and a stroke a few years ago. I work as a home delivery salesperson.