cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Why is the Universe testing me?

Mrs.Brock
0 14 66

Hello friends! I'm having such an emotional day today! Last night my Grandmother was admitted to the hospital. Then, in less than 20 minutes, she was taking in for emergency surgery. She has battled with Crohn's disease for her entire life. This time her bowels ruptured. She is now sedated and on a ventilator. I know smoking won't help me. In fact, if she saw me smoking she would kick my ass! I always hid it from her. I'm sure she knows that I smoked.  She was a perfect example of a person who lives 100% free from addiction. Growing up, my mother was a single parent, so my grandparents practically raised me. I am trying my damnedest to stay positive! It is just so difficult. Everyone here is so special and compassionate. If you could send some positive energy and prayers this way, I would so much appreciate it. Thanks everyone, peace and namaste-Mrs. Brock

14 Comments
elvan

Prayers coming, I am so sorry that your grandmother is going through this and that YOU are going through it along with her.  Please remember that smoking would not change anything, it is okay to feel things in their entirety, it is okay to be anxious, to cry, to be sad, smoking doesn't fix anything.

Sending you all the positive energy and prayers that I can. 

Peace, lady.

HealthyOrange

Positive energy and love are being sent you way, Mrs. Brock!  Smoking wouldn't help a thing.  You have to feel what you are feeling without the nicotine that we hid behind for so many years.  This too shall pass!  I am sorry about your grandmother, it sounds like she is very dear to you.  May God bless and keep you!  xoxo 

mauijewel

Sending loving thoughts to you and the family! Your grandmother is proud of you for making the choice not to cause harm to yourself or others. Remember this love she has for you and let it guide you do always to what is best. Peace to you and yours! ❤️

MarilynH

Stay strong in your quit because you know that smoking would just make things worse, Iam also ssending good thoughts and prayers up for you, your grandmother and the family for strength and healing. 

johio

You and your Grandmother are in my prayers

NewMe

Sending positive thoughts and energy your way. Smoking will not help this situation in any way. It does take time to learn to deal with things like anxiety, worry, emotional upset- without hiding behind a cloud of smoke. But every tough situation you go through will prove to you that you not only can survive this without cigarettes - eventually you will start to realize how much better equipped to deal in a crisis situation when you no longer have to worry additionally about going outside to feed your addiction in the middle of a crisis. Sorry you have to deal with this now. Emotions can be pretty raw in the beginning of a quit. Hang in there. We are all behind you, and here to offer support.

Magstoyou

Prayers going your way for your Grandma and Family

Mag

Barbara145

So sorry about your grandmother.  Something I learned a couple months after I quit is that smoking causes more stress in stressful situations.  I truly love not smoking.  It takes time.  Give it time.  Praying for your grandmother and you.  Good night.

dpop
Prayers for you and your grandmother. Stress seems to be there but it does become magnified. Definitely would not smoke if I were you or for that matter even think about it. Cause when grandma gets better you said in fact she will kick your ass!
joyeuxencore

Sending prayers for you and grandma...

So great that you have a month under your belt for this challenging time as smoking ADDS to stress and you need your calm right now...How great you are in the thick of self-care so you can really be present for your grandma when she needs you! xo

TerrieQuit

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way! I am sorry you are going through this trying time with your Grandmother. Those kind of problems are the worst! Hang in there!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Mrs.Brock

Oh wow, you all never let me down! I didn't smoke! I wanted to, but I thought to myself...why would I want to hurt my physical self when my mental/emotional self is clearly damaged already? All of your words way heavy on me. And, I really appreciate the time and energy you all give so willingly and freely. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough! One day at a time. I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing. It feels right, and I am finally feeling like a "winner"! Weird timing, but at least I'm feeling it! Peace and Namaste-Mrs.Brock 

JonesCarpeDiem

Prayers Up

Smoking is a dead end. We just never considered it in that way while we smoked.

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Positive energy and prayers being sent for you, your grandmother and all family and friends. (((MrsBrock))) cyber hugs to you my friend...it's very sad when bad things happen to those we love...