cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Why do I look HAPPY???

TriGirl
8 17 150

I received my finisher photos today. This is not what I recall feeling like at ANY point of the race:

1571864966187.jpg

1571864926525.jpg

1571864792528.jpg

Every picture I'm grinning like an idiot!!!

But I love that these pics capture the joy I feel breaking free-- doing something that calms me and makes me feel good about myself. 

And yes, I'm gonna do it again. If I'm going to be addicted to anything, I choose THIS!

17 Comments
PrimeNumberJD

That grin is the endorphins releasing! Wow, you do look super happy, thank you for sharing these and your moment! 

JonesCarpeDiem

Fantastic!

toddsmith23

Amen sister!! That's a goal you can't go wrong with!!

Mward90

Congratulations!  You look sooooo happy!  Good for you!

JACKIE1-25-15

Wow, you are truly an inspiration.  You should make posters out of them.  They give me the chills/goosebumps just looking at them. You go Girl!

constanceclum

WOW!! You do look fantastic! Your story will be to help other athletes that continue to smoke! If you don't quit in time, and no one can be sure when that time will come, they will not be able to do what your are doing! To bring an old saying back "get on with your bad self"!!

Connie

indingrl

WOW YOU LOOK GREAT! I am so proud of YOU and YOU are truly an inspiration to ME in Jesus name amen - it is written -  WE ARE ALL MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD -  what a BEAUTIFUL SMILE - GOOD HEALTHY BODY IMAGE TOO!  OH HOW I -  want to SMILE -  so bad for 12 YEARS - I been -  WAITING on God - to heal MY 7th nerve in MY body - got a flu shot in December of 2007 and ONE side effect is bells palsey- paralyzed 7th nerve like a stroke in the face and body  - YOUR SMILE GIVES ME HOPE- thank you so very much for your sharing pics of YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILE-  May God bless YOU double for giving ME HOPE TODAY - soon and very soon I too will SMILE in MY Lord Jesus name amen - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER ME- gentle hug

TriGirl

I will pray for your smile today too. Your spirit is incredible for what you have been through. I promise you this: Your smile comes through in your words here every single day.

YoungAtHeart

There is NOTHING like pushing yourself to your limits and feeling that high.  NOTHING!  I feel the same way when I finish swimming laps.  When I swim, I feel as though I can go on FOREVER - but when my legs feel like jelly trying to climb the ladder out, I am brought back to reality!!!!

You GO, girl!  And KEEP going!  You are an inspiration!

sweetplt

A wonderful addiction TriGirl ... great pictures ... I feel your joy and so proud of you Kelly...

~ Colleen 325 DOF 

Giulia

Wow.  Just so uplifting.  And that smile is catching.  I'm now grinning like a cheshire too!  Thanks!

PrimeNumberJD

"Why do I look HAPPY???" 

All sEXy EXers look happy!

Strudel

Love it - you are a winner for sure! 

elvan

They are SPECTACULAR photos and you SHOULD be smiling and laughing and patting yourself on the back.  Congratulations!

Ellen

TriGirl

to all my EX friends. I'm so grateful to have "met" you all and to be part of this community.

Sootie

soooooooooooooooooooooo COOL!!!!!!!

MarilynH

Whoo hoo YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day and YAY you!  ♥

About the Author
I am a mom, a teacher AND a fitness instructor. It blows my mind that I used to smoke. It made me feel like a total and complete phony. I run and bike frequently. I am working on my swim. My speed and endurance are improving, but more importantly, I now feel truly connected to the world I'm part of and no longer pushing away.